9.18.2007

Alphabet Soup

I did my first shadowing yesterday for my new job. It was great! I was reassured that this is going to be a good thing to try. I left with my mind flooded with ideas for how to do this job well! I will go along a few more times with other workers, and should be able to start with my own families in a few weeks. Here are some pictures I took today:

Thomas- 7 months old Power crunch The best picture I could get of the two of them together The constant companions of my 2 year old: pink dress up shoes, keys, phone, Bible and notebook. Yes, those are bug pajamas that she is wearing- at 11:00am, her choice of clothing for the day-and yes, she is standing on the kitchen table, because that is a place where she will hold still for a few moments And Finally . . .

The Letter H:

Health-physical and mental

Hens-One day I aspire to owning my own brood of hens

Helping professions-I heart social work

Hamburgers- Bonsai Burger from Red Robin is a favorite

Hosting-We have people in our home often, and I enjoy all that goes along with hosting dinners, parties, etc.

Home-making-I am not even close to what one might call a Martha Stewart, but I like to clean, do chores, cook, bake and try to keep our home running smoothly.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Not even close to a Martha stewart...are you kidding me? Much closer than anyone I know...the cooking, cleaning and organization...you're right up there with Martha. easily.

Love the pictures! Is it cool enough to wear sweaters there? That's great!

someone else said...

Cute, cute pictures of the kids!

I like your H words. I agree with Sherry -- Martha could learn from your lovely home.

Sema said...

I have to agree with the rest, you are an amazing home maker, I would learn a lot from you by living close to you guys. Good that the job shadowing is going well so far. We are still planning on Thanksgiving for now, but will let you know if anything changes. Thanks for you comment today.

Dawn said...

I love Ella's choice of companions. They're so precious!