12.17.2007

This That and the Other

THIS

The girls watching Strawberry Shortcake before naps- on Friday. THAT

Ella missed her first Christmas Program last night. She cried all afternoon and complained about owies in her mouth. She did not want to eat, kept drooling and had a fever. We attempted to look in her throat- that did not go over well. So, I decided I should have her checked out. Good news- it is NOT strep- bad news, she has several large canker sores in her mouth. For all the fight she gave us at home, she equally impressed me with her cooperation and calmness as the doctor checked her ears and throat. Not a whimper out of the girl. So we headed to Walmart for some mouthwash and have been nursing her wounds today. She continues to drool and is talking very little. She points, and shakes her head yes and no. I did manage to get her to eat some jello and drink some milk, but she is really miserable. Her face is rashy too, not sure what that is about, but have a call into the doctor. I was suppose to work today- but decided to stay home. Ella just wants to lay on my shoulder. SO- that means I will have a cramped week, getting everything in.

We showed the house AGAIN on Saturday. Crazy- haven't heard anything back.

THE OTHER

and to end on a fun note- This is for Sherry:

12 Random Christmas Facts

1. It doesn't really feel like Christmas unless there is snow.

2. I prefer colorful lights and random tree decorations.

3. I only make Almond Roca at Christmas time- and eat ALOT of it.

4. I don't like any of the Holiday flavored creamers.

5. My favorite Christmas songs are "O Holy Night" and "It's Cold Outside"(I am not sure if that is the right title.)

6. I LOVE unwrapping gifts- I would rather have a wrapped gift, than one in a bag.

7. I don't like wrapping gifts BUT- I like picking out wrapping paper.

8. I have two little collections of Santa Claus and Snowman figurines.

9. We open most of our gifts Christmas Eve, on both sides of the family.

10. On Christmas Eve my family eats Fondue(Pizza Fondue traditionally).Chad's family goes out for Chinese.

11. I love the sound of sleigh bells.

12. I like getting picture Christmas cards with the entire family included.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

you make the best almond roca too. I agree with you on the wrapping paper-more fun to unwrap than wrap, and certainly more fun than a bag. By the way, Sy's gift came in the mail today. He loved it...they (because it's Brek's gift too, you know) are currently pounding away with the hammer on their kitchen.

Bridgette said...

Love O Holy Night too! And Baby, it's Cold Outside...RAD. Poor Ella, is she too young to swish salt water? That helps them dry out faster.
Thanks again for watching the kiddies on Friday night! I would love to watch your kids for you sometime so you and Chad can get out!! Let me know!!:)

Dawn said...

Poor sweet little girl! So sorry she missed her program, too. Livi did so great in hers, and Hayley seems to have conquered her stage fright to do the kids' musical - so cute. She did great unless she saw us watching her, then she'd cover her face.

Have a wondeful Christmas with your family - we'll miss seeing you.