11.27.2006
Thanksgiving and . . . .
I am telling you- the stomach bug is in this town! Chad and I were sick Wednesday night and all day Thursday, so Thanksgiving got postponed until Friday. I was so glad that my parents were here. They took Ella to my sisters Thursday while Chad and I laid around the house in misery together. I am pretty sure I have a sinus infection now, Tylenol Sinus is not even touching the pain. I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow so I will ask about some antibiotic for myself. I am tired and down. Probably just need to get recovered from being sick. I don't think I have fully caught up on my sleep and Ella is still not back to normal which is draining. The doctor recommended Aquaphor for her diaper rash. It is GREAT. I am so glad I asked, because it has really helped clear her up -even with continued diarrhea. She is eating better and not having SO many bad diapers. Just 4 more days of antibiotic. I hope it is working. I also have SO many things on my mind that I want to do or get done and that is not helping me sleep. Silly things like: sort Ella's books, get Christmas cards ready, organize baby clothes, catch up on the scrapbook, Christmas shop, move furniture around, get a hair, cut pluck my eyebrows, and on and on.
Today I was able to cross some of those things off my list, so that should help tonight! I am completely nesting. Sorting, organizing, throwing things out. I went through clothes today and started bins for each age group for boy clothes. I also went through all of Ella's clothes and pulled out things that he will be able to wear.
In other baby news, the latest baby name on the list is Jonas. I really like it, but I don't think Chad is a big fan. Thomas is still the frontrunner- I think. The preschoolers at church on Sunday suggested naming him God or Jesus -huh.
Tomorrow I will start my Christmas decorating I think. I usually do it the Friday after Thanksgiving, but that did not pan out this year. It was good to have my parents here despite the icky in our house. My dad and brother in law ended up with the bug too. Even my parents dog was barfing! Crazy. Anyway- we got through, had good food Friday and everyone is over it now! Hopefully that will be our last sick holiday for awhile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so sorry you have been so sick. That can't be fun with a toddler. The nesting and no sleep thing is happening here to. I wake up and if I start thinking of things I need or want to get done it is hours before I can fall back asleep. My husband was thinking I was crazy. Now he is just on board to help me get stuff done so I sleep better. Hope you all get healthy and stay healthy.
Kev told us about your illness, after having heard from Chad. I wondered about Ella - so glad your folks were there. I'm sure they enjoyed the time with her. I'm glad you're some better, but hope the sinus bug goes away!
I'm just now getting around to decorating.
Post a Comment