12.13.2006

Getting ready for Christmas

Thanks for the encouraging words regarding Ella's bad day. She is SO much better today. She slept for over 12 hours last night and woke up much more like herself. She even got shots this morning and has been fine. I am going to try to get some Christmas shopping done this afternoon, after she wakes from her nap. I may be pushing my luck! I have been working on a book for her. I read about it in a parent magazine. It is a book for her with pictures of her in it. I have almost all the pictures on pages, and after I am totally finished will have it laminated and bound. I used construction paper and printed scrapbook paper- so it is really bright and colorful. I am going to have to get really creative with the writing part. Something rhyming would be good- but I am not sure I can pull that off! I hope she enjoys it as much as I think she will. Oh well, if she doesn't that's fine. It is a fun project. I could not sleep this morning thinking of all the shopping I need to get done. Chad and I made a game plan for the rest of our shopping over morning coffee- so by the middle of next week we should have money spent and presents wrapped! I have a basic list of everything we need to get, so that helps. At least we are not totally starting from scratch. I usually bake or make candy too- so I guess that can be something for next week. I got almost all of my Christmas cards addressed last night- so they should be going out in the next few days. So- that is that. The house is decorated, tree is up, and several lists are waiting to be completed- and we still have over a week to get things done-so I guess we can have Christmas!

2 comments:

KarenK said...

Could you please make some lists for me too? Thanksabunch.

Glad Ella is having a better day today. Those hard days certainly are trying.

Dawn said...

That is a wonderful picture of your family - you look just gorgeous, Amanda. I love the ones of Ella below also. I haven't been here for a couple of days. I didn't know Ella had such a bad day - so glad she's better. That is SO hard! Sounds like Karen's having a tough time, too.

Christmas comes whether we're ready or not, and it's supposed to be in our hearts, anyway. So don't worry about the candy and cookies! That's the first thing I drop when I'm overwhelmed!