1.02.2007
Random thought of 2007
1. So, January 2. We had a fun party with friends to bring in the New Year here at our house. Some friends had traveled through Wyoming and purchased BIG fireworks, which were shot off every 1/2 hour after 8:00pm. It was a fun night. I love our friends.
2. I watched kids this morning. It was nice to have them around. Ella loved having them to play with. I really like watching kids. Still surprised me.
3. I colored my hair, dark brown. Just to get the highlights out. They were grown out about 1/2 way down my head. Chad noticed- which encouraged me to take care of it. It is at an awkward length right now, but long enough to pull back, which is important with an upcoming hospital stay. In 7 weeks it should even be better!
4. I have been calling this afternoon about medical bills. The clinic we go to cannot get claims to the right insurance. I have talked to them at least 6 times about it. I don't understand. I am going to have to go in and talk to someone face to face because the phone is not working. I am ready to change doctors, just to avoid dealing with the billing office. There are still unresolved bills from APRIL!!
5. I am uncomfortable and highly emotional. I ache all the way around my ribs and have constant acid reflux. The unsettled emotions worry me a bit. For several weeks after I had Ella I was emotional too, I am worried that I will be twice as bad with this one, since I am already. I am expecting it anyway- so that should help- right?? Maybe having the baby will be balance them out again. I am just so weepy. Can cry at anything and can be super happy, then sad within 1/2 hour.
6. I have not purchased 2007 calendars yet. I like to go buy them the week after Christmas, but did not get to it this year. I have one that my mom gave me, and hope to get to Barnes and Noble tomorrow to get more. I am afraid they are going to be pretty picked over. This happened last year too, and I ended up ordering some online.
7. I am reading a great book that my sister got me for Christmas by Robert Wolgemuth, called The Most Important Place on Earth. It is about creating a Christian home. Great ideas and insights. I love parenting books.
8. Chad and I set goals every year and we have finished our list for 2007. Some goals include: replace the car, save $ for a W&W trip to Argentina in 2008, replace couches in the tv room, get a larger dining table, create a will--there are more, but that is a taste. I had a hard time coming up with goals for myself. I feel like my year is pretty booked with two little ones and two moves (into a rental and then into our next house.)
9. Ella and I are having our pictures taken on Saturday at a friends house during a Portrait Party. My friend is hosting it, and the photographer comes to her home. We have a 20 minute session. The photographer is awesome. Part of this deal is that there is no sitting fee and the prints are discounted. Should be fun to see what we end up with. If none turn out, we don't have to buy. I may host a party if it goes well.
Told you- very random. Happy New Year-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy New Year Amanda! Not too long now! 7 weeks is it? We probably should borrow your tradition of setting REALISTIC goals. We just plugged into the new year with no priorities, apart from growing closer to God and of course with each other. Love you guys!
I think that the emotional thing second time around will be better. You know what's coming and how to handle it somewhat. I have no worries that this little guy will be just as great as Miss Ella, you're a great mama.
Great goals - I love that you guys do this every year.
I can't believe you're going to build yet another house - so ambitious!
Don't worry about the tears - it comes and goes through life - childbirth, PMS, menopause - oh, the joys of being a woman!
Going to Argentina will be awesome - that's where Jimmy and Zeida just went to be "real" missionaries. I think Chad knows them from Peru.
Post a Comment