6.19.2007
Responsibility
I am helping this week at church with VBS. It is going really well- LOTS of kids, 126 today. It makes me wonder what these kids will remember about the week and what will make an impression. These thoughts have likely bloomed from the conversations we have been having in Sunday school about community, and the responsibility we have to others, particularly children- whether we like it our not. Our lives and the way we live does affect and influence others. It is a truth of life, we do not choose it or ask for it- it just is. It always bothers me when celebrities defend their behavior by saying, " I never asked to be a role model." That is not the point. Everyone is a role model to someone and I have to care for others and consider others. I must be careful in my actions and words- all the time- even if it means denying myself what I WANT to do. I need to live the way I SHOULD not the way I WANT. I want my kids at VBS to feel like I notice them and care about them. I want them to have fun and see me having fun and enjoying the week with them. I will likely never know if that is the impression I made, but I know that I am trying to make a good one- instead of none at all. Because, whether I like it or not, something I say or do - will likely be remembered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Could not have said it better myself:) Sounds like you guys are going to pull off a fantastic VBS this year. Those kids are going to have such a good time.
Love that pic of Ella:)
I agree with Pam. I'm sure it will go great. 126 kids!!! that's a ton!
Post a Comment