6.10.2007
Sunday reflections
I love my church because of the relationships I have there. The Sunday school class we attend has close to 80 people in it. Most Sundays, there are at least 40 people in attendance. Like so many Christian gathering, it is a group that only God could bring together. There are many different people, from different places, with different ideas and opinions- and yet we all support and do our best to love one another. Don't get me wrong, there are issues, problem relationships, "pot stirrers"- but despite those things, it is a strong supportive group where I know I belong and am cared for. I genuinely care for those I see each week- and I believe that those people feel the same for me- even if we do not say it to each other. We all continue to be there, to come together, to hear the same things and strive for the same end. We have been having great discussion about the gray areas ( those areas that are a matter of lifestyle and not salvation) of Christianity and holy living for the past few weeks. It has been challenging, refreshing and encouraging. I hope that we can continue to care for each other despite the differing opinions, as there many! I believe we will. I believe this, because we are still questioning, sharing and discussing. It is a safe place, for me, and I believe for all those who continue to attend. We have wise discerning leaders who are so careful and prayerful about our group and the way things are approached. They are people of God, seeking after His heart and mind- and I hope that one day, if I am ever in a position of leadership, the same will be said of me. I hope that I would be as graceful, loving and wise as those who lead me. I do not know how I would live this life without God and the people he has placed in my life. I cringe at the possibilities- of the devastation that my life could have surely been and could now be without God's intervention. I know that He loves me fiercely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
keep writing more!! i love it. i miss you guys lots, so it helps to read about you and see how things are going. you do have a great support group of friends!
Post a Comment