Anyway- there is a chance we may be going to Hawaii in the fall with some friends- so the money I earn from babysitting, be it ever so little, will be earmarked for that trip. It can be spending money or something. If we don't end up going- it will still be nice to have some money saved for something- Christmas or whatever else may come up!
Happy 4th tomorrow. I think I will be inside staying cool. Dinner with my sister and her husband in the evening- Chad may go float the river with them during the day. Maybe Ella and I will make a 4th of July cake or cookies or something.
7.03.2007
This and that
We spent last weekend in the mountains at Family Camp with our church. It was a fun time and very do-able even with two little ones. I am glad we made the effort to go. Ella was like a living doll for the all the older girls. They kept her entertained the entire weekend. We stayed in a large cabin with three other families. Each family had a room with a queen bed and bunks and a bathroom. The food was great, prepared by the camp each meal. Chad and I did a zip line, he and Ella floated down the river and he played Frisbee golf. I took care of Thomas and had a good time talking with people. We also took a scenic train ride, as a group. There were around 80 people total. It was hot and a bit long, a little over 2 hours, but the kids LOVED it and would have turned around and gotten back on for a second ride had they the chance! I will post some pictures when I get them- I am excited to continue going each year- it will be a fun tradition for our family.
I am still babysitting. Different kids though. I watch a brother and sister, age 5 and 16 months, once or twice a week. I spent the money I earned earlier this week on shoes for Ella today. She has outgrown all her 4's- so I hit Target and came home with three new pairs for her. I had intended to find a cute top to wear when Chad and I go out for our anniversary next week- but buying shoes for Ella was easier. I think I will ask my sister to borrow something cute to wear out of her closet. These are one pair of the shoes.
Anyway- there is a chance we may be going to Hawaii in the fall with some friends- so the money I earn from babysitting, be it ever so little, will be earmarked for that trip. It can be spending money or something. If we don't end up going- it will still be nice to have some money saved for something- Christmas or whatever else may come up!
Happy 4th tomorrow. I think I will be inside staying cool. Dinner with my sister and her husband in the evening- Chad may go float the river with them during the day. Maybe Ella and I will make a 4th of July cake or cookies or something.
Anyway- there is a chance we may be going to Hawaii in the fall with some friends- so the money I earn from babysitting, be it ever so little, will be earmarked for that trip. It can be spending money or something. If we don't end up going- it will still be nice to have some money saved for something- Christmas or whatever else may come up!
Happy 4th tomorrow. I think I will be inside staying cool. Dinner with my sister and her husband in the evening- Chad may go float the river with them during the day. Maybe Ella and I will make a 4th of July cake or cookies or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Luke said when he talked to Chad he mentioned you guys were going to that. Sounds like a ton of fun. Those shoes are so cute. Brek's in a 6 1/2 almost a 7...new shoes have been a necessity lately as well. Hawaii sounds so fun! Will you take the kids? Still thinking about Argentina? I can't remember what you said last time we talked about it.
Post a Comment