9.12.2007

DELISH recipe

We've been eating these all week. They are great! I told my sister I would send her the recipe, so I decided to post it here, so others could enjoy it too. It is so easy, makes the house smell great, and is good for you too!

Shredded Pork Tacos

1T olive oil

1 large onion

6 minced garlic cloves

1/2t. dried thyme

1/4t. dried oregano

2 bay leaves

3 T tomato paste

1 boneless pork shoulder (about 3 lbs.) cut in half lengthwise

1 can diced tomatoes in juice

1 large chipotle chili in adobe sauce (from a small can) minced (about 4 t.)

16 toasted or fried corn tortillas

Crumbled queso fresco OR feta OR goat cheese

Fresh Cilantro

1. In a large heavy pot heat oil over medium. Add onion, garlic, thyme, oregano, and bay leaves; season with salt and pepper. Cook until onion has softened, about 5 min. Add pork, tomatoes and their juice, chipotle and 1 C water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until meat is very tender, 2-3 hours. Discard bay leaves.

2. Transfer meat to a large bowl and shred, discarding any fat or gristle. Return meat to pan and simmer until sauce is thick, 30-45 minutes more. Season if necessary, with salt and pepper.

3. Top tacos with cheese and cilantro. Here are some more pictures from the film I developed:

5 comments:

Sherry said...

I can smell it right now. May we go ahead and come on over? It's past dinner time (our usual time to go on a walk and "accidentally" stop by your house:))-but we'll be one by.

Luke will be there next week - Wed-Sat am.

Great pictures! I love those kiddos. How did your first day go?

KarenK said...

My eyes! My eyes! They can't handle all the cuteness!

Dawn said...

They are so adorable!! Yummy sounding recipe, but I don't think I have the patience any more. Congrats on the run! And the job.

Check out Kristen's blog to see what God has done!

The Kinney Clan said...

yeah Amanda! I am so glad that you guys have a blog too! I can't wait to try your yummy recipe!

HMPhillips said...

posting recipes on your blog is the greatest idea ever! I will definitely try it out since I'm always looking for new things to try for dinner. Sounds absolutely delish, Thanks!

~Heather Marie