Well, I met with the families that I will be working with today. It was good, I will enjoy the time I spend with them. The kids stayed at
Wende's today. I did not worry about them at all. Although, I am dealing with guilty mom feelings- which I know will pass once all the newness settles. I just feel so unsettled- but I do not think Ella and Thomas feel as much as I do. There is very little that is actually changing for them. I have just added some extra into my life. As it stands now, I will be working away from home Monday 11-3, Tuesday nights 7-9 and Thursdays 4-7. So, that only leaves Monday that the kids will not be with a parent away from home- and Ella LOVES to play with Alivia. I just received another referral for a new family this evening. They live close though- so it should be manageable.
In between appointments, I went to a kids second hand clothing store and got some winter clothes for Thomas and Ella. I also found these, which are a 2T, but on the small side:
She was thrilled. I may never get them off of her. So, when you have a pair of Clifford Pajamas, what better thing to do than to watch
while your mother is downstairs preparing dinner
which was delicious- roast beef potatoes and carrots- pure comfort food! The house smelled so good when I came home.
Someone is showing the house tomorrow- so I will spend the morning tidying up and cleaning fingerprints off of windows.
3 comments:
Glad that will work out so well for you. The schedule sounds great I think. It will be nice for the kids to play with other kids too. They are great adapters. Thinking of you while you are getting settled into a routine.:)
I am excited to hear that all went well tonight. Thank you so much for bringing dinner over. The soup and brownies were great.
I love the posts and pictures, Amanda. I especially love the Bible, notebook, lovely hat, and tutu picture. That Ella.
I'm praying that the unsettled feelings will fade and you will love this new era in your life.
Grandma "Icki"
Post a Comment