11.05.2007

Is it STILL Monday?

Maybe it feels that way because I didn't go to church Sunday. Ella was sick all weekend, I took her to QuickCare on Sunday after a rash began to appear, thinking she may have strep- or something - but it was diagnosed as Roseola. She was much better last night after a hamburget and long nap, and today she is pretty much back to normal. I did miss most of the homecoming events over the weekend but, was able to go to dinner with some friends Saturday night, and then to a concert/bonfire/firework show for Chad's reunion. It was a fun night, and great to walk through campus. So many memories and feelings came flooding back. Good ones. It was such a good place for me - so much of who I am developed while I was there. It made me look forward to my reunion in 2 years. We stood around the bonfire, amidst the college students, and tried to pick out the group of boys who would be daring each other to jump over the flames. We also wondered if we could pass for students ourselves. College was great for me. I loved those years and that place. It was such a good place for me to grow up and walk into adulthood. It is where I discovered myself. Anyway- enough reflection

I am going to stop babysitting at the end of November. It is getting hard to schedule appointments with clients, having all my days free will help with that. Plus, Chad moved all his office stuff home, so having kids here,while he is trying to work, would be stressful. I will miss the kids, but I am feeling more confident that it is the right move for us right now. I think I will be able to keep up with the housework better too. When i had one or two kids, I could get cleaning and chores done, but with 6- that doesn't happen.

Work continues to be wonderful. I love it. It is everything social work should be. I like my families, my heart is heavy for them and their futures. SO much to overcome- and so little hope. The consequences of sin are so real to me in this work. My belief in the truth of God and who He is and what He has for us is deepening as I see what could have been in my own life and what could be in the lives of those I work with. Small choices can lead down such different paths- and the affects of each choice reach farther than we could imagine. I am so blessed to be doing the work that God made me to do, here at home with my family, and out in the world with broken families. He is good.

More reflection- one of those nights I guess! Maybe I'll go fold laundry and think-

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Six kids is a lot to watch. I wouldn't be able to get anything done!!

Glad you are enjoying your work. I'm sure you are so great at it. Glad Ella is feeling better. Roseola is going around here too--Silas came down with a big rash all over his body and cheeks-but I didn't notice a fever...it's kinda clearing up though.

Dawn said...

I love hearing you talk about your profession like this, as a wonderful Christian. Social work definitely needs people like you!

Anonymous said...

Love your posts, Amanda. I'm glad you're getting satisfaction from your work. I couldn't get the video to work, :( but loved the cheerleader picture!
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Kind of puts things in perspective, don't you think? It's not that our problems and challenges aren't real, but they're different. You are that spark of hope to them. What a job!