12.13.2007

WHAT-- NO PICTURES?!?!?!?

I know, I know. Thought I would just do some written sharing tonight! I took Thomas into the doctor this morning and had PTSD as he told me that Thomas had a double ear infection. Ugg. All I could think about was how we struggled with Ella before we finally got tubes in her ears. This is his first ear infection - hopefully it is infrequent for him, but if not- tubes are a lifesaver.

I baked cookies with Ella tonight, to take to the neighbors tomorrow ( and to get the taco smell out of the house that continues to linger from last nights dinner). Chad is watching football at a friend's house and THIS house is quiet and peaceful. I have a full day of kids tomorrow. I decided (again) to stop babysitting ( with much support and encouragment from Chad). It is too much for me to work and babysit. I tried. So- again, I told people I was stopping- "For real this time?" Seriously, telling them all was so stressful to me. They are all great, and totally understand. I just feel like I am letting them down or that I am failing them. I know my family and sanity come first. I just feel yucky when I have overextended, and then have to cut something/someone out. Anyway- I will be done at the end of January.

My Christmas cards are sitting in stamped, sealed envelopes ready to be delivered. This is the first year since we have been married that I have not included a letter. It was a way to cut down on stress, plus I could not think of alot of reportable happenings (aside from Thomas being born.) Maybe next year will be full of excitment and adventure to report.

SO, we have had our house on the market since April. had some interest at first, lowered the price (a few times), had no looks for several months so Chad decided to begin the process to refinance and take it off the market. Just as the paperwork was complete and ready to go we began having showing. FIVE last week. No potential buyers though. Talk about a let down. We are bit confused about where to go from here and what God would have us do. We'll keep trying to have open ears and hearts - and make wise decisions. It will be interesting to look back in a year and see where we have been.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Sounds like a lot on your plate, glad that you were able to decide on not keeping kids anymore. I'm sure it wasn't taken lightly. Poor Thomas! Look forward to the Christmas picture:). Love ya and miss you a lot.

Anonymous said...

It's really hard to make decisions about keeping a healthy balance...especially when it means making other people change their plans. It's totally okay though...you're giving them lots of time, don't question yourself! (Ha, funny that I'm saying that.) Also, we all understand if you don't have a letter. You're really consistent with your blog---refer people to it!

Julie

Dawn said...

Poor baby! I hope he's better, and that if tubes are in his future, it's before he suffers much more. We were lucky with our kids and grandkids in that respect (so far anyway) Now - UTIs, that's a different story!

Sherry said...

I tagged you to do a meme thingy...12 random Christmas facts :)