I finished up my babysitting last week. Feels good to have some extra days in my schedule to get things done.
The bad-
Thomas has ANOTHER ear infection. We are headed to the Ear, Nose and Throat specialist Friday to begin the process for tubes.
The WHAT?!?!?!?
We are relocating. About 3 hours north-east of where we live now, into the mountians. At first, we told ourselves, "3 hours, that's nothing!" but- it is. It is far. It is a totally different place, and people, and life. This is a great opportunity for Chad to develop and further his passion for architectural design. I am not comfortable with saying that this is what God is "calling us to do"- as in, it is the ONLY option for us. But, we are confident that He presented this to us as an option for our future, and will bless us as we move forward.
SO- we are still in a bit of a daze- trying to figure out where to begin taking our life apart HERE, and setting it back up THERE. I could write and write and write about all that is going on in my head.
This is HUGE for us- neither one of us having experienced a re-location like this. We both grew up in the same place, our parents both still live in the houses we were raised in. We came to college (a life change, but the transition from home to college to independent living lasted for 4 years!), we got married, and have been in this town since then.
SO- big things coming. I am so glad for our friends now- who are supporting us and praying for us. Tonight, at small group, while we were praying, I had this image of our family surrounded by all the people that we love here. I saw us being gently picking up and then tenderly placing in the center of a new community- who will also love and support us. God, even now, is showing me, and re-assuring me that He will take care of us. We have a place here- and we will have a place there as well.
6 comments:
Wow that is huge. How soon is it going to happen? And you are right. God is right there with you taking care of the little things and yet they are big things too.
We are certainly praying for you guys as you make the transition. Love you!
Wha . . . ?
Wow thats a big thing! Isn't it amazing what God does? Sometimes its the things we least expect! I'll be praying that your transition goes smoothly!
but you're leaving the kids here, right?
If I stop sounding encouraging about the whole thing, will you change your mind????:)
Post a Comment