4.22.2008

Pictures (because I like posts with pictures) Names, wolves, dates, lbs., and wisdom

Again, where does the cat choose to sleep?? Those are clean clothes, ready to be hung. Serves me right I guess. I should have hung them up last night, instead of placing them on the floor! Fishing for goldfish- with pretzels and peanut butter. More unique names to share: Locklynn (not sure how to spell it- a boy) and Beniya (Ben-I-ya)- maybe a Bible name??

The theme at story hour the last few weeks has been wolves. I arrived right on time last week (usually I am at least 10 minutes early, not on purpose. We have to sit in the car until they open the doors.) and was surprised to have to drive around the block several times before finally finding a parking spot. I was frustrated because there were going to be LIVE wolves for the kids to see. Usually there are about 15 kids there and i thought it was going to be so cool for Ella to get to see a wolf in that small of a setting. We walked in, and no one was around. A lady pointed us in the direction of the "lecture" on wolves. There was a room FULL of kids and adults and people standing out in the hallway peering in, trying to catch a glimpse. It was a packed crowd, apparently advertised well. We went back to the children's book area, and checked back a few times to make sure we at least caught a glimpse of the wolves! I was going to see those wolves after all the trouble of parking! ANYWAY- we did get a glimpse. They were big. However, Ella was rather unimpressed at seeing them from the back of the crowd. It was not nearly as exciting as I had hoped! During the first story hour, when the children were being told that the wolves would be coming the following week, the lady said, " No, they are not dangerous. Wolves are actually friendly!" What?!?!? Maybe she does not know that wolves actually do live in the wild. Maybe she thinks the existence of wolves lies solely in being leashed and displayed to school children and eager, interested adults at a community library on a Tuesday morning, because, after all, THOSE wolves were friendly (but no one was allowed to touch them.) Okay okay, enough of that. No fair poking fun at people who don't read the blog.

I had a second date with our new friends yesterday. She called and we went for a walk with the kids. It was fun. Her daughter had the coolest shoes on. They had squeakers in them, so every time she took a step, they squeaked! So cute.

Part of my Tuesday nights out include attending Weight Watchers. Last night, I FINALLY hit the first 5 pounds lost mark (12 weeks later). Usually you get a sticker to put on a bookmark for each 5 lbs. lost, but I was late and missed it. I was disappointed. Isn't that funny? A silly sticker. Anyway- I have 8 lbs. to go to meet my goal. I am not going to be able to continue going to W.W., because of $$, but think I will be okay. I am a bit frustrated at myself, because if I would have been exercising and eating well the entire 12 weeks, I would have met my goal, and could continue the program without cost. Oh well, I suppose a major move in the middle of that 12 weeks had something to do with it too! I should be able to keep on track now. I even ran this morning, despite there being a fresh inch of snow on the ground!

And finally, to end on a note of substance and significance. . .The pastor shared this in his sermon on Sunday, and it is the best way I have heard humility described: Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it is thinking of yourself less.

4 comments:

Tyffany said...

Congrats on the 5 lb mark. It isn't silly about the sticker. I go to WW on Tuesdays too, and the stickers are an integral part of my life. :)

KarenK said...

5 lbs is a big accomplishment! Yay!

My cats do that too.

I'm guessing the name is "Lochlan", which I think is Irish. What is up with those names?

I love random posts. Do you love random comments?

Anonymous said...

Yeah on your 5lb. loss. I only eneded up losing 2 lbs. in 10 weeks. I wanted a sticker so bad. I think the awards at the beging of the WW meeting was the most encouraging thing for me. I learned a lot from WW but I still don't eat healthy, although I am working out now.

I am so excited about your new friend. Isn't God good

Can't wait to see you this weekend.

Amanda said...

Karen, I love any comments!