Chad and I both woke up this morning feeling unrested. I think we have outside hang-overs. Saturday we drove north a few miles and hiked in the mountains with Jade, Trish and Halle. After our hike we came back here, had dinner, and played a few games. It was a really fun afternoon and evening.
Sunday, after church, Jade led us several miles south out into the desert. We met up with a third family and ate lunch and a took time for a little exploring in the rocks. The other family had a little girl who is 4. Ella enjoyed following her around and playing with her. Ella does great outside and really enjoys "hunting" for lizards, animal teeth and various other treasures. Thomas likes the dirt. It is so pretty right now. I have never seen so many wildflowers!
After our trek through the desert, we headed back to town, ate pizza and headed home. No nap and lots of time spent in the car seat do not make for a pleasant Thomas. Oh, that child. This weekend was one where these thoughts rush over and over through my mind-
Is it the age, teething, his personality?
It's just a stage, right??
Am I doing something wrong with him??
What could I do differently??
Unfortunately, they are never followed by helpful, insightful answers!
He is sweet, fun and happy. But, lately, it seems like more and more he is loud, whiny and unsatisfied.
We made it home, washed the desert dust of our kids, put them to bed, and collapsed on the couches in front of the t.v for a bit. I took lots of pictures, which are still in the film canisters needing to be developed. Trish will have to be in charge of posting pictures of our weekend outings for now.
It was great to be out exploring so much this weekend, and to spend time with new friends. What an answer to prayer! People that are fun and comfortable to be with and who like to do things that we like to do!
I'll end this ramble with some pictures-
Ella's church outfit, Chad convinced her to leave her hat in the truck, so it wouldn't get lost-
GRASS!!!!!!!! The crew worked all day Saturday and we now have a beautiful lawn-
I happened upon this trike at a yard sale this weekend! Ella is still trying to get the hang of it, her legs are just barely long enough-It is in great shape, complete with handlebar fringies and a bell.
These are pictures from Memorial day weekend that Bridgette and Chad took. You can visit here for more great shots!
3 comments:
I think it's just the age and he's still getting used to his new surroundings - When we moved Little D was pretty off kilter for a while too, but then back to his usual happy-go-lucky self. Just takes time...hang in there:) Loved the pictures! Your lawn is gorgeous!!!!
amanda~ I sometimes ( a lot lately) feel the same way about Levi. Whiney, everything you said. I think that it's just that they are immature and can't communicate effectively. I wish I knew the answer; just wanted you to know that you are not alone. Still thinking what a small world about your friends Jade and Trish and Parry and Hannah! Weird..we were laughing about it after church yesterday, right while you were hanging out!:) Glad you liked the pics..I was wondering if you saw them. If you would like me to make you copies let me know!
It must be the age. Riley is so sweet and then she starts throwing a fit. I am glad I am not the only one dealing with it.
Post a Comment