6.08.2008

Friday, Saturday and Sunday

At my weekly trip to the local thrift store this weekend, I found lots of great treasures! I was most excited about two board games for Ella ($1.00 each), which she is catching onto very quickly! During our Friday evening dinner prep, Simon, our orange cat, ran in the house with a bird he had caught. It was still in the process of dying. Chad picked it up, and we watched it die in his hands. Morbid, I know. Kinda weird to watch that happen right before your eyes! But, it did prove to be a great opportunity for talking to Ella about death and what it means when something dies. She prayed for the "little bird" the next morning during breakfast. She and Chad had fun examining it before they "buried" it in a plastic bag in the garbage can. To all you scrapbookers out there: Can I get a "WHA- WHA" for SEVENTEEN pages complete and two books totally caught up this weekend!!! One more book to go- hopefully I can get it all caught up tonight or tomorrow night. I want to get all the pictures I have in books before I get the 7 rolls back that I just sent into snapfish.

We had a good weekend, not as busy as last, but we did manage to get out and explore a little bit. We found an awesome camp site that we want to try out before the end of the summer. It is probably about 20 minutes from our house! We also checked out a hotsprings pool that is just up the road. We didn't swim, but plan to go visit again with swim gear! We ended the day on Saturday at a local bar and grill for burgers and fries.

It is a fun place to go. Not the best food, but relatively inexpensive compared to the other options we have. It is definitely more bar-ish than grill-ish, but there are always families there. It is noisy and casual. A place where it is easy to relax, even when dining with toddlers. We ran into and ambushed(grin) a couple we had met right after we moved up (at a church we visited) and invited them to eat with us. I really enjoyed talking with them, it was a nice surprise to see someone we semi-knew there! Now we know them better and will hopefully have a chance to hang out again.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds like some really good things happened this week-end. Life lessons being learned, new friendships being formed. Scrapbooking - I wish I could get into it! I will feel accomplished if I just get these thousands of pictures into albums!

Michelle said...

You got 17 pages done?! Oh my word! How do you do that in one weekend! I am jealous :)

Bridgette said...

Holla for the scrapbooking!

I love the line "more bar-ish, than grill-ish". Hilarious!:)