7.07.2008

Yes- we are still here

We left last Thursday morning for a long weekend spent with friends and family. We drove to our old stomping grounds Thursday morning and spent all day Thursday and Friday morning with Chad's family. Great to see all six cousins playing together. Great to be able to spend a few days with family and not have to worry about drama occurring. There could be drama, just like in any family. There are probably conflicting personalities, interests, convictions and opinions- but no one lets those get in the way. Those things are not focused on. Everyone accept each other and appreciate the things we do have in common. I hope that continues, and as time goes on, we all keep loving, forgiving and nurturing relationships. I married into a great family! Julie has some pictures up of that part of our weekend.

Friday afternoon we headed to Family Camp with the church we attended before we moved. I was so glad to get to go. This whole weekend came together very quick. Final plans were still being made the Wednesday evening before we left! We spend the next few days with great friends. I realized, Sunday afternoon, that we also spent the weekend with great parents. I witnessed great parenting all weekend.

The guys got a few pranks in. They were pretty tame. With age there come the foresight of understand that payback is directly related to what has been dished out. I guess, if one wanted to, these could have been considered, "old guy" pranks. But I would never call my friends (or husband), "old guys".

I am feeling, again, like I have NO IDEA what I am doing with my kids or how to do it. Maybe it is all the traveling we have been doing, or maybe it is the ages of my children, or maybe it because we were with great parents all weekend, or maybe it IS just me! So, this week I hope to get re-grounded and re-focused on what the heck I am doing with these two little ones. The uncertainty goes beyond just my parenting. I am feeling that way in many other areas of my life, so I am concluding that it has a lot to do with all the traveling and visiting we have been doing. Down time is pretty important for me and there has not been alot of that in the past few weeks. I am glad to be home again, with just the four of us, for awhile.

Our anniversary is this week. Thursday we hit the 9 year mark! Speaking of which, I need to get a sitter-

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love family camp!! I'm glad you guys got to go! :)

Anonymous said...

It is really too bad that God did not give us an instruction book for our children. How could He have, they are all unique. All you can do is your best. Sometimes it is hard to be at our best and at those times we have to forgive ourselves and realize that tomorrow is another day. Our children will continue to change. Just when we think we have figured it all out they move into a new stage and we have to learn how to deal with them all over again. Stay consistant, always be loving, always show you care, always pray (for them and you), and respect them. That is really all we can do.

You are a wonderful person, mother, and friend.

I enjoyed being with you and your kids this weekend.

Cara

Bridgette said...

Amanda, So glad you are back to blogging! I missed reading you.:)

Glad you had a good time with your peeps.

Dawn said...

YOu do have a wonderful family - both sides! I know you'll do the right thing with your kids - it is a hard hard job!