8.18.2008

I completed a 4 mile run yesterday. The longest I think I have ever run. My knees and calves are sore today. Tomorrow I run again, just 2.5. 13 mile seems lllooonnnggg, I hope my legs can take it! Chad got sick with a stomach bug yesterday. I am really hoping to avoid that. It could really throw a wrench in my preparation. Both of my sisters, and one brother in law are planning to run too, along with these guys, who planted the crazy idea into our heads that we could run 13 miles! Chad is still on the fence about it I think.

We went to a birthday party last night and met several families with young kids. I left with 2 numbers. Score! It was one of Chad's co worker's, 5 year old son's birthday. Did you get that? Did I overuse the apostrophe? I think I did it right-- It was so great of her to invite us- and even if we do not make any lasting connections with people we met, at least we know there ARE other families like us out there.

It is Monday night, and my laundry is totally DONE. How often does THAT happen? Feels good to check it off the mental "to do" list.

It has been thundering this evening, and it rained for just a moment. It was enough to make the air smell fresh and sweet. A great gift after a hot, muggy day. I hope it pours in the night-

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Hey Amanda-

Good job for running the 4 mi! Tell Chad to get off the fence and commit! I'm pretty sure that if I can do it, anyone in the world (including: highly pregnant women, circus clowns dressed in costume, prisoners in shackles, toddlers, and the aged) can do it!!

Jeremy

Kendra said...

Well good job on the 4 miler. I know 13 seems like a lot, especially when 4 is your max right now, but there is a magazine ad (I think its for shoes) that has two gals running and it says something about "our long run how now become our short run"...anyway, if you stick with it I'm sure that's how you'll feel too. Those long runs will start to feel really good and once you hit 9 miles the 13 sounds quite doable! :-) Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the running! Soon enough you'll run that 13 miles and then go out for a 4 mile run and it'll feel like you just walked down the driveway to get the newspaper:)

Dawn said...

I admire anyone who can do this - it absolutely nauseates me to think about it! But good for you!

Laundry - it is never DONE - as soon as you get everything folded and put away, there's more in the basket -- but it feels good for a few minutes.