9.11.2008

Ballet

I took Ella to her first ballet class today(generoulsy sponsored by great-grandma!). I wanted to do gymnastics, but ballet is closer and they called me back first and Ella has a friend doing ballet. There are only 3 other girls in her class so far, which is great! She told me she was "afraid" while I was doing paperwork, but by the time the class started, she ran into the studio saying. "Let's go dance!!" with no hesitation and no looking back. Fortunately they can wear whatever they want because she was having nothing to do with her leotard and tutu before we left. (She did wear her ballet slippers though.) Maybe next week will be different. I think she will really like it. The only glitch is that it is at 1:30-2:15. That is in the middle of our usual nap time. Ella can do okay waiting, but not Thomas. He lost the battle of trying to stay awake at 2:00. He is a heavy boy when he is sleeping! I am thinking I will just give him an early nap on Thursdays. We'll figure it out. The classes are at the Y, and we are considering getting memberships during the winter. If we do get them, I think I will take Thomas swimming during that time. He'd probably stay awake in the pool vs. the car seat-

Ella and Thomas have been playing SO well together the last few days. It is really fun to watch and a provides great opportunites for getting things done! This is a picnic dinner tonight, in between hunting for worms, driving the little tractor and "taking a nap" in the empty pool. This is them practicing ballet this morning. They like the sound the play shoes make in the fireplace hearth

Chad leaves early tomorrow morning for a men's retreat. I have a few plans to make the time pass quickly. But, I will be glad to see him again Sunday evening!

2 comments:

Lorie said...

I love the sound of my kids playing together! Especially when there is laughter.

jls said...

I'd love to see Ella at ballet. Very fun. All week Evan has been telling us "ssshhhh...Thomas is SWEEEPING." He also told Chad that Thomas was going to stay at our house when he was getting ready to leave.