Ella and Thomas made bags for their candy Friday morning-and we went into town after naps to visit a few places, and see Chad at work. The Marchants came to visit Friday night. It was a relaxing weekend and so great to spend time with them.
It was a beautiful night to be out walking around the neighborhood. This neighborhood is busy for Halloween. We had two different neighbors warn us about the amount of trick-or-treaters! It was busy, more than we have had before, but nothing outrageous. It was fun- we made the loop around the neighborhood collecting candy. Several people said of Ella, "Oh, it's a scary bear!"- to which she promptly replied, "No, I'm a dog!" Getting the door and handing out candy was just as fun as getting it!
Candee and Dan got some fun shots of my kids!
Ella in the leaves-
Thomas boy
Saturday afternoon we took a walk down to the river. The leaves were so pretty and we tried to get a family pictures, but the task of throwing rocks in the river was much more important to Thomas and he was having none of the picture taking- but Candee did manage to get a classic engagement picture pose out of Chad and I-
In other really random news-
Thomas pooped in the toilet today.
Thomas favorite song right now is Baa Baa Black Sheep, and although he does not know the words- he is very precise on the tune!
When I put a carton of prunes in the grocery cart tonight Ella asked me what they were. I told her, and she shouted, "OH PRUNES FOR MY POOPIE!" It was a loud and very excited voice.
Ella has been singing Jingle Bells non-stop for the past few days.
I have been teaching the kids in the nursery about Moses and the Israelites. Ella refers to the Egyptians as the "magicians", and has played several times that, "Hurry, the magicians are coming!"
Tonight in the car Ella said (in between Jingle-Bells),"When I am bossy, Jesus dies. He takes consequences."
I took a long run this evening. It was awesome. It rained all last night and much of today, so the air was wet and cool. There were fallen leaves all along and on the path, really thick in some places. The sweet, musty smelling air of fall was so refreshing.
Chad is urging me off the computer so we can watch The Office- a great end to a great weekend!
4 comments:
So very cute. And the toucan lives on! I wish I could hear Ella's comments in her little voice. Miss you!
Gorgeous family pictures!! I could swim in those eyes of that adorable Thomas!
Fun randomness. Good pictures - especially the classic engagement one!
Great philosophy on Ella's part.
Wish we could get Feisty to eat prunes!
Amanda, you should write a book someday, entitled "Because I'm bossy, Jesus died, and took my consequences." Philosophy of a child. Kids tell the truth, and they get so much more than we know! You guys are great parents -- and there is the proof. Keep on!
Post a Comment