5.28.2009

While I wait for the gigantic sweet potato to finish cooking in my oven, I will post a few pictures of the kiddos- Blowing bubbles. I don't know what is up with the scowls- this is Thomas favorite new attire. Spider man shirts and swim trunk and Bob the Builder shoes- Bike riding. Thomas has finally figured out how to make his go. I bought both of the kids bike at a thrift store up here for $15.00 total. I had a beautiful bunch of tulips in the height of their bloom out front. I came in the house to get my camera to get pictures and returned to this-

I am running in my second half marathon this weekend! Saturday is the day. I don't feel as prepared as I did for the City of Trees- so we'll see how it goes. My sister Donna is running it to, so I am excited for her and Michael to be here for a weekend. Hopefully the weather will stay great and they can enjoy the beautiful Wood River spring time. This is really an amazing place to live.

In other news, we have found a house about 10 miles south to rent. We will be moving at the end of June. The rent is much cheaper and we will be closer to friends. I will miss being able to see the mountains out the windows so close. The views we have here are pretty spectacular. The bike path will still be close and we will have better access to town and people, which will be nice. There is a park right across the street from the new house, which the kids will love. SO, I keep looking around the house assessing what we have, what we need, how to pack, etc. We will go look at the new place again next week, and I can start mentally arranging furniture/pictures, etc.

That sweet potato smells good. I think it may be done- better go feed the troops--

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great deal on the bikes. Score!!!
Poor tulips.
Good Luck with the run. You'll do great!

joy said...

Good luck this weekend. Have fun!
A move?? Hope everything goes smoothly. My boys would wear spiderman and swim trunks every day as well. It looks like the kids get along so well.

jls said...

Awesome- Take some pics of the house for us to see! LOVE Ella's footwear and bikehelmet--hope your run is great!