5.15.2009

YAY- a post!!

Ah- the long neglected blog. Chad is out to a movie with a friend tonight. The kids are settled into bed and I have a few moments alone. I love being alone. I need to be alone. SO- in the past three weeks:

Ella- The other night when I went into check on her after putting her to bed, I found her sitting quietly- surrounded by her dolls- She recently proclaimed, "Mom, I am not going to throw fits or scream anymore." Such a great goal- still working on 100% mastery! Here she is enjoying a nice day a few weeks back, eating a snack, "reading" her Bible on the patio. She is very interested in reading- we are starting to work on learning letter sounds- I love it when she picks up that little Bible and reads it, or when she tells me she wants to go to heaven- or that Jesus died for her sins. I now that she does not fully understand, but it is such a blessing to see God working in her heart and mind already. It reminds me that He is bigger than me and this world, and He, her Creator, has a plan for her life and holds her tight in His hands. He loves my Ella, I love His Ella. Tractor Time! Thomas cannot figure out how to steer the tractor, so he rides in the wagon. It works out great- This day, Ella told me that they were going to the dump. We have never been to the dump.

We finished up the ballet season this week with a performance from the entire ballet school. Ella had a great time and told me after the dress rehearsal that she loved being on the stage. During the performance she was quite distracted, and had her tongue out of her mouth most of the time, but completed the steps and did a lovely curtsy at the end. NO cameras of any kind were allowed in the theatre- so these are from before we left. We can buy a video of the performance, but $20.00 seems a bit much. ballet hair! I am glad to be done with it- one thing to take off the schedule!! We will do swimming lessons this summer, for both kids, and then I would like to try gymnastics.

Thomas- still showing very little interest in eliminating diapers from his wardrobe. Even the Thomas the Train undies are not enough to persuade him! Grammie and Poppa just sent a package with Spider Man undies- maybe that will do the trick! He has found his ability to have an opinion in the last few weeks. His spider man shirt and swimming trunks are his first choice and he insists that shoes be on at all times. Every night he insists on a prayer. He crunches his little blanket up into a ball in the corner of his crib, and must have two blankets placed in top of him before reaching his little chubby hand up and saying,"Bye Mom!" He is fantastic.

He is all boy. Sound affects, chasing, conquering. A little warrior!

My friend Trish has a nearly 3 week old precious boy. He is amazing, happy, content. I want one too.

I have been researching curriculum's for home schooling. There is some incredible stuff out there-and it is really exciting looking through it and considering the possibilities.

My job at the school is finished in 2 weeks! Hurray!!!! I will work two days during the summer for as long as it takes to complete the IBI certification. As soon as that is done, the plan is to work completely from home again. I can't wait.

I have accepted/volunteered for the position of director for the re-opening of the Pregnancy Center in our valley. Start up is so slow, and we are still trying to ensure that the legal paperwork is in proper order before continuing the process. I am starting a newsletter to keep people updated. If you are interested in getting it let me know- and I will add you to the list!

Summer is slowly making it's way to us. The further south you drive the more foliage you see beginning to appear, and bright green grass pushing up through the old left from last season. It is fun to see spring slowly move up the valley. It has been such a long wet spring.

I run in a half marathon in 2 weeks, with my sister Donna. I have not had nearly as much training time as I did for the one I ran in October, but feel confident that I will be able to run and complete this one.

I am the craft director at VBS this year at church. It is a big VBS- 200 plus kids. The curriculum is really neat and I already have a craft settled on- so now I just need to get supplies and help rounded up. VBS is at the end of June.

Lindsay, who watches Thomas and Ella while I work, is also a beautician. I had her cut my hair today, and she did a fantastic job. I am so happy with it. A good haircut goes a long way!

So- that is a generally overview. I have a three day weekend ahead of me (and ANOTHER one next weekend!)-and it is suppose to be great weather! Maybe I can buy some petunias to plant in the front beds. Ella loves to "garden" with me and I need to add some color to the front yard. Thomas will dig, throw dirt, and try to growl and scare the birds away.

Happy weekend-

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to hear from you agian. Sounds like things are going well. We miss you guys.

Sherry said...

So good to see an update. You have been on my heart a lot lately and I have done a terrible job of following through. Know you have been in my prayers! LOVE the ballerina pictures. Too precious. Can't wait to see you guys in July. Love you.

Bridgette said...

loved the update A. So glad things are going well.

Dawn said...

I love that picture of Ella all scrunched up in her bed with her well worn afghan on her head.

I love the picture of Thomas with his underwear and shoes. Those special undies really do help.

You sound busy and contented. Can't wait to see you guys this summer.

jls said...

the ballerina pictures of Ella may stir up some little girl jealousy in me. Sigh. Wish we could have seen the performance!

Unknown said...

When Ella told you that they were going to the dump, and Thomas was in the trailer, was she going to leave Thomas at the dump? HA HA! If you are looking for some more info on home schooling One of the blogs I read (http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeschooling/) has a nice section on homeschooling. I don't know if it will be helpful as her kids are a little older than yours but she has an amazing web site, quite helpful. I read the cooking section. God Bless you all.