I may be going against popular opinion here, but I love shopping at W@lmart. Seriously. I got a 5 pound bag of potatoes for 50 cents-among other great buys. I am going to really start planning shopping trips around the times I drive to Twin for work. It is significantly cheaper to shop there than here in the mountains, even with coupons and shopping the weekly specials.
The snow made it's first appearance of the year on the tips of the mountains this week.
The temperature has been markedly cooler, and the trees are quickly shedding their leaves. I got the fall decorations out with the kids this week and yesterday I bought 2 mulled cider candles to get me through the next 3 months. The smell is fabulous and makes me want to curl up with a blanket all day, in between baking goodies. I am trying to embrace the change of season-it just seems to soon! Summer comes and goes quickly here.
We harvested the apple tree in our backyard this week.(Pictured with the afore mentioned candle)
I do not know what kind of apples they are- and am not sure if they were ready to come off the tree. They are really tart. I am not sure what I am going to do with them- that is on my list of things to research today!
We have plans with friends tonight AND tomorrow night! Yay! I have to get a long run in today-I had my best time last weekend, for a 2 mile run. It may have just been a freak event. I ran 2 miles in 16 minutes, 22 seconds. At least I know I am capable, and will try to speed up my long run today-maybe the cold outside will help me run faster - 3 weeks to race day!
2 comments:
Applebutter!
apple crisp? yum.
i bought a fallish candle last night...i couldn't wait to get home and light it.
i agree with wally world-it is a rather love-hate relationship isn't it?
Post a Comment