I have been busy this week sorting and piling. We are planning a yardsale next Friday and Saturday, and hope to sell everything we put out! It has been draining for me- and when I start to get teary about selling stuff, I have to stop sorting and do something else. Yesterday, folding up the leaf garlands and putting them into a bag made me get teary. A leaf garland. I was having a conversation with myself that went something like this:
"It's just stuff!"
"Yeah-I know."
"You don't need it."
"Yeah and I know- but I LIKE my stuff-I was going to hang this up every year. I look forward to getting it out every year-"
"It's just stuff."
So, that conversation occurs in my head over and over and over as I go through our drawers, cupboards and closets. I have always prided myself on the fact that we do not have a lot of stuff. BUT, when you have to decide what to do with every.single.thing- it is a lot of stuff.
In other news, Chad was laid off this week. Let me tell you- when God starts moving- hold on. Life gets REALLY unpredictable! It has been nice having him home and he has been able to get a lot done, in preparation for Peru.
Please keep praying for us as we come to mind. Obviously there are a ton of questions about how the next 3 months are going to go, and even more have been added since Chad's lay-off. Despite that, Chad and I continue to have peace and excitement over the direction God is taking us.
7 comments:
"praying for us as we come to mind"...what about when you are on our mind all.the.time.
I can't imagine having to sort/pack/sell everything. I admire your strength, faith and willingness in this whole process. Love you guys.
Great family picture by the way. Perfect Christmas card
It's always an adventure, right? We are praying for you guys. God has big things in store for all of you:)
A storage unit, or someone with some garage space?
pack a box or two of the leaf garlands you're not quite ready to part with and store it here.
incredible! God's timing never seizes to amaze me! Well I'm excited for you guys and your upcoming adventure!
very cute family pic! and halloween costumes!!!!
I too, can find room for the garland and monthly decor!!!:) I understand that the garland is more than just stuff- it's memories and a memory maker. It's a reason to smile, be excited and create a fun atmosphere.....At least it's garland and not shoes that's making you teary. :)
You're in our prayers!!
That "peace and excitement" is the best sign of God's providence and hand on you. How exciting to hear your faith! Faith is the doorway for him to enter and work, and it sounds you have arms open wide to him. Like you said, "watch out!" Thrilled with what your faith is doing to us all! Blessings!
What a roller coaster ride you guys are on. Bless your hearts!
Post a Comment