5.29.2010

Pictures

Here are links to the rest of our Peru family. I love their blogs. They are such great reflections of each personality. Trevor, Micah, and Garren.

We went to a big park this morning and then to the Plaza de Armas. Gorge, our host, took us to the park. I cannot emphasize enough the blessing that this family is. Such an answer to prayer!

Gorge often helps Thomas eat. Thomas does not put up a fuss at all with Gorge and just keeps opening his mouth for more. It's pretty funny- especially when Chad or I try and get the totally opposite reaction! We played at the park. It was the first time that I really noticed people staring at us. Ella really enjoyed these cement slides. We bought a little bag of snacks- The Plaza de Armas- We bought some seed to feed the pigeons at the plaza. The kids though that was great!

Here are the pictures of the kids on their first day of school, with their teachers- Thank you for your continued prayers. Please pray protection over our family and marriage. The newness, being tired and being unsure of yourself and your role is stressful. Add the marriage and parenting piece to all that and, well, let's just say we have had some unpleasant times. We are not in crisis mode or anything, but prayers are much appreciated.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that Gorge feeds Thomas, too funny! I will continue to pray for you. Thanks for letting us know how we can pray for you specifically.

Sherry said...

Love those pictures. It's been three years since we were there, but makes me miss it! Rest assured you've been on our hearts and minds all week. Love you guys.

KarenK said...

I still can't believe that you're there, you're THERE. You guys are on my heart so often, thanks for sharing how I can pray specifically. Love you.

Blake said...

Thanks for the updates. We are thinking and praying for you guys!

Alicia said...

I love hearing the updates with you and your family...we are always praying for you!

Jeremi and Aarin said...

Those cement slides look like alot of fun. You will continue to be in our prayers.

Janet said...

Prayers- can do! Did the cement slides slide very easily? We all love hearing from you, thanks. You have 2 beautiful children.

Anonymous said...

Their Maestras and escuela look very nice. I am so excited to keep up with this new adventure in your lives. I think of you often. We will keep you in our prayers.

Cara

JJC said...

Hi - I'm Jessica, Nick's fiance. Your father-in-law wore an Aeraquipa shirt to the family shindig on Monday and they mentioned your blog- thought I'd come check it out. I had family do the missionary thing in Guatemala, I know how wild it can be. It sounds like you all have a great situation and I'm sure the kids doing so well has helped take a lot of stress off for you all. Nick has been confident all along that the kids will do great. It seems to be us adults that get stuck in the language and lifestyle ruts! BUT ... it seems that you all are doing well with that as well. I lived in Spain for a year and a half and I can say- if you can tackle the language, life will be SO much easier. Big encouragements from us on adaptation and language acquisition. We have your picture up on the fridge like proper Naz-bo's. So I guess this is "Hello" and "keep up the good work and glad you're adjusting well so far." "hello all!" from Nick as well.

closing in said...

nick here.... YAYAYAYAYAYY For y'alls!!! i'm excited.