5.13.2010

So- what does one do during the last two weeks before leaving the country for two years? Well,we have spent a lot of time with people we love! We are so blessed with so many incredible people in our lives. We said goodbye to our Sunday school class last Sunday at College Church. Such an awesome group of people, that we have been a part of since we were married (10.5 years ago!). The class has changed and grown over the years, but has continued to be a loving, supporting group of people- who really take care of each other. We did not have an opportunity to speak during a church service about Peru, but last Sunday an offering was taken for us, totally $1475.00. Donations have continued to come in and Chad and I are left literally speechless and with tears in our eyes because of the generosity and selfless giving that we are witnessing.

We have attempted to start packing. The house looks more like we are unpacking- with all the piles and clutter building up. We are taking only what we can fly with- so that is 2 checked bags each(8 total), and carry-ons. I am not worried about it fitting-we have been planning and preparing for awhile.

In between sorting, cleaning out and packing up, we have enjoyed time with dear friends- here are pictures of the last few days:

Bike riding with cousins- Chad and Noah were teaching Ella how to keep her momentum while going up a hill- Thomas, Evan and Ella Evan let Ella ride his bike most of the night. She loved it. I had dinner out with friends Monday night- Chad and the guys went out Tuesday night, but neglected to take pictures! We spent an evening with the Stocketts. Thomas LOVES the superhero costumes- Ian and Ella

Dinner with the Wolf family-Thomas, Allison, Ella and Andi-Chad teaches the children such valuable skills-I cut some pants off to make shorts, and Chad made masks out of the ends. It was pretty funny- Mother's Day- Last night our small group had a BBQ. We have been a part of this group of people since right after Ella was born. When we moved to Hailey, we really missed the weekly time we spent with them. When we came back to the area, we were welcomed back and Chad even led some studies. Here is a shot of most of the kids on the trampoline- I love the jumping shots after this one- Buddies- Sophia, Ella and Jayden-Here are all the "ladies". Love these girls- Thomas and Luke- Chad with Travis and Jeremy- All the boys on the trampoline- This morning the kids and I went to the zoo with Bridgette and her kids. It was a beautiful morning- Emme, Levi, Ella and Thomas

We fly to Florida Monday morning so we have three full days left to make the transition! Thank you for your excitement for us, your prayers and amazing support.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Somehow I've missed the last few posts - you have had a whirlwind of wonderfulness the last couple of weeks. You have been blessed with wonderful friends and relatives!

I can't believe it's time already. And I'm so thankful that your budget has been reached. Proves once again that this is His will.

I am so glad we'll be able to keep in touch with you through the Internet - can't wait to hear your amazing stories! Hope we see you at the reunion in July 2011!

grammasnotes said...

Our prayers are with you. Our trust is in knowing GOD is with you.

Kristin said...

So excited for you and since I don't personally know you I am hoping you are planning to continue to blog so that I can continue to pray for you and your family and be apart of your ministry.