Our host Mom took me and the kids shopping today. We saw places and things that we would never even know to look for on our own! I did not take any pictures today because I had the kids and Chad was working at the church. We would enter what I thought was a little shop, and end up way back somewhere in this labrynth if little counters and stacks of merchandise piled to the ceiling. So different! It is so much to take in and try to process. Pretty cool.
Chad has been busy with the short-term teams that are here now. They began arriving Friday morning and he was assigned to meeting them at the airport and helping get them to hotels. Our language school is on hold for the next two weeks when we have short term teams coming to help jump start the church planting here in Arequipa. We have somewhere around 100 volunteers here now, and more will arrive at the end of next week. The majority of the work they are doing this week is promoting our big event that will be next Saturday. The hope is that we will have 10,000 people attend Love Extreme, an all day event with music, speakers, booths, etc. Teams are going all over the city promoting this event. This is being done through kids festivals, medical clinics and any way people can think of to tell everyone in Arequipa about the event. It is exciting to see it all come together. There are also a few teams doing building/construction projects. Chad is on a team working at the church we attend here. They are basically giving the church a much needed "facelift". The kids and I try to be at the church as much as we can, but it is a hard place to keep kids occupied. We did not spend much time there today as the team was busy gathering supplies and creating a plan of action for the week to come. We'll see what next week holds. The kids will be in school, so I will have the mornings to help out without distraction.
It is an interesting thing being here with the kids. I am still trying to understand what God wants me to be doing here. I keep hearing, "Just be a wife to Chad and mother to Ella and Thomas." It is easy for me to dis-credit that being a Godly wife and mother can be a witness. I feel like I need to be doing more- but God keeps bringing me back to that.
I am really starting to miss everyone and everything familiar. There have been several times that I have thought, " okay- this has been fun, it's time to go home now-" It is something I knew would happen and it comes in waves. God is always faithful to restore me and encourage me when I am feeling weary. Your words of encouragment- and just knowing people are remembering us lifts my spirits! Thank you for your prayers. Remember June 19th- that is our BIG EVENT day. So much time, effort and money have been put into this event. We are praying that God use all that has been given to this project to bring people to Him. We wait and work with eager expectation!
5 comments:
I am praying for you guys! You are doing an amazing job at keeping us updated and making us feel a part of what God is doing there! I can definitely relate to some of what you are feeling! God is going to bless you abundantly for being obedient in the behind-the-scenes job of being a wife and mom. AND He is going to bless your husband and kids because of YOU! I am so proud of you, love you!!
We are praying for you guys. We think of you often and miss you very much. Thank you for your updates and openness.
You guys are amazing, but I would have to draw the line at the frog juice. Chunks? Strained or not, I don't think I could do it.
LOVE the dancing white boy! For some reason I'm not getting your update on FB - bums me out.
Love the pictures and stories. I'll keep checking here, of course. I know L&V are so excited to get down there and see you guys. What a busy couple of weeks ahead.
The thought of the frog juice is more than I can handle!
I can only imagine that feeling of "now it's time to go back home." I know God will be faithful to you as you serve Him!
Thinking of you daily. Love your updates-quite impressed with the frog drink...kinda made me gag a twinge:). I'm sure it is tough wondering exactly what to do-we'll be praying specifically for that. I know you are a blessing to so many down there already, no question. Love you guys.
Post a Comment