| Ella working on her math homework- |
| Sitting in the "warm spot". |
![]() |
| Thomas, sleeping as Batman. |
| Chad showed the kids how to start a fire with a magnifying glass- which evolved into him and Trevor lighting little firecrackers with a magnifying glass on the back patio. Everyone still has fingers. |
Marriage: I recently listened to a broadcast of Focus on the Family in which the guest speaker was presenting his premise that Marriage is not to make us more happy, but to make us more holy. Basically he said that God gives us our spouses in order to reveal to us the things in OUR OWN lives and hearts that need to change. I recently shared with our 4040's that before marriage, I felt pretty good about myself, and who I was. But, after being married, God revealed and continues to reveal parts of me that are ugly, selfish and in desperate need of change. The importance of commitment is huge. If I give up on this when it is hard, I am not able to see changes that need to be made in me, nor am I being obedient and willing to allow God to change who I am. The tricky thing is, we also see in our spouses the things that need to change. We believe the lie that it is OUR job to change them- or at least tell them what needs to be changed. I am learning to truly trust God. God will show Chad what he needs to change. I have enough to work on in myself!
Being Christian: Relationship with Christ is about CHANGE. If you claim Christ, and are not changed/changing daily- you don't get it. I am not talking about going to church more, or memorizing bible verses or listening to more Christian music. I am talking about changing the essence of who you are. God does not want to only save us- He wants to change us- for the REST of our lives. Coming to faith is not the end- it is the beginning of a journey of change. A journey which requires daily surrender, giving up of self, putting others first, etc, etc. It is HUGE and it is hard. Who doesn't want change- who doesn't want to improve who they are and the way they live, have relationship, view the world? Who better to show us how to do that than the One who created us? Who better to show us what we were created for, than our Creator? Are you willing to sacrifice in order to discover what you were made for? Our purpose is in Him. It's true, it's real, it requires intelligence and thought. It IS what life is about. Don't be deceived.
In other recent news:
* Chad and I, along with the 3 American 40/40's sang a special in church last month. THAT was a first.
* I gave a testimony at the last Ladies Ministry gathering last month. It was the first real "public speaking" I've done in Spanish.
* Ella has molars coming in. She is writing stories, poems and riddles in Spanish. Amazing.
* Thomas is talking more and more in Spanish. He answered a question in Sunday school the other day, and some of the boys laughed. It hurts his feeling so bad, which made my heart break. He recovered quickly. He is sensitive, and does not like when "people are mad at me."
* Chad and I are taking more Spanish classes. I feel like the Spanish I have is worsening, as I try to cram more info. into my brain and add it to my speaking.
Life is good, busy, challenging and different each day!
I am so thankful to be here.

3 comments:
Enjoyed, Amanda! Good food for tho't and good reminders to us all.
Great to hear from you. looks like God is using you in SO MANY ways. Thank you for your obedient example....
Thank you for the update A!
I love Chad's face watching Bambi...just reminiscing about him writing a Cinderella check at Home Depot...heehee...
What a great thought about our children..reminding me to always be diligent..
And that thought is always convicting "what if marriage/parenting is supposed to make you holy rather than happy??" yipes...
Bridge
Post a Comment