4.07.2012

Day 10

We took the group to the beach in a town called Juli today.  The day started out cold and rainy, but ended well. I enjoyed the day outside.  I always look forward to going to Juli.  I had great conversation with Robin, another long term missionary in Arequipa.  It was so good to connect with her, and share our common experiences.  I wish we were closer!  I have some great pictures, but apparently I have used up all my google storage space?!?!? and cannot upload more pictures to blogger.  That makes me so frustrated.  I have no idea what to do about this and I am too tired and still have things to do tonight before bed- so I will have to figure it out tomorrow!  

Tomorrow is the new church inauguration and Easter service.  I am missing what Easter has traditionally been.  No big sit down lunch for us after church, no Easter egg hunts or new cute clothes for the kids.  There are no Easter crafts hanging from my wall or fridge and I have no Easter baskets to hide for the kids.  I know tomorrow will be a day that all of us from America will be missing our traditions!  But, it will be memorable and blessed as we will celebrate the Resurrection of our Savior in a new church building.  I know God has something special for each one of us here this Easter.  My prayer is that we will all be able to take our focus off what we are missing and be open and receptive to Him!  He always has good things for His children.  

3 comments:

Dawn said...

It definitely will be an exciting day for you and the team. We are doing something very different. V&L are having Grandpa and Grandma over, and we (Dwight, myself, Kristen, and the girls) are going to Sylvan Dale Ranch with Dwight's sister, husband, and Mom.

As for Google pictures - I was so shocked when that happened to me recently. I had no idea there was such a thing going on. If you go to the link in the message, you can pay $5.00 for 1000 pictures, I think it is.

Karen said...

What an exciting day you'll have in that new church building. We'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

I use Flickr for photo storage and a premium account is only around $30/year.

Anonymous said...

A google account comes with 1GB of storage for free. You can upgrade picasa storage (what blogger uses) for $5 a year for 20 GB of space.