3.19.2008

I made a break last night and spent several hours ALONE. It was nice. I tried to find a coffee shop to sit at. I struck out twice before finally finding a place that was still open- at 7:30! I am really excited about this place. It is a book store and cafe. I plan to be there every Tuesday night until at least 8:00- when the last child in my house has gone to bed! I found a really interesting book and decided I would try to read that each week when I go. It's called The Giver, by Lois Lowry. Anyone read it? I only read the first two chapters, but it sucked me in! I almost bought it- but decided to just put it back on the shelf until next week.

Ella shared her grapefruit with Thomas this afternoon. He did not mind that all the meat was gone out of it. He chewed and sucked on this thing for a long time. He even attempted to retrieve it out of the garbage can later in the day!

6 comments:

joy said...

He's really starting to look like Chad. I'm glad you found a special place to get away. We all need that. Has it really only been 2 weeks? It sure feels like a lot longer......

Bridgette said...

heck yeah i've read The Giver! It's a quick read too! So interesting:) Glad you got some away time; love it.

Sherry said...

The Giver is a great read. Glad you got some time away and found a fun place to go.

KarenK said...

Me too, glad you found an escape zone.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi. Haven't done that in awhile. Hi!

Adam and Natalie said...

I read The Giver in college and think about it all the time. It is seriously one of my favorite books.