7.09.2008

A night with the kids

Chad had a late presentation that he wanted to attend tonight for work, so I had to figure out what to do with the evening. The kids and I headed to town to the closest thing to a Wa*mart around. It is local, small, carries an interesting variety of merchandise AND has a garden tent set up for the season. We picked out a red wagon to haul our flowers in and began our search up and down the aisles of stacked plants. We filled the entire wagon with plants well past their prime-in small plastic containers, anyway. After picking out treats for the ride home, we loaded up and headed home. It was a fun evening. The kids dug in the dirt, poured water on everything, tried to squirt everything and I gave all those pitiful little flowers a new home. I am sure they will spring back to life and give me beautiful blooms! I would love to share a picture, but well, you have all heard to story. I am still awaiting a device to digitally capture our lives.

The evening ended with a bath, (I could have planted another pitiful flower in the tub after washing the dirt off my kiddos)stories, and songs before bed. Thomas drinks a cup of milk before bed, and tonight, as I held him in my lap, he played with my face and giggled and screeched as I made silly noises and faces at him. It was wonderful. A much needed enjoyable few minutes with him.

I read a comic book to Ella, that she picked up at the library today-The True Story of Smokey the Bear. After we read, and cleaned up her room, she very carefully chose the perfect place for her Dora action figure to sleep. The dresser? no- The little kitchen? no- The toy drawers? no- Dora is comfortably resting on a little dirty beanbag, on the floor next to Ella's bed. After THAT big task, Ella climbed into bed, and gave us her nightly request, "Don't close the door like this, or like this-- close it like thiiisss" with very precise hand gestures. Sweet, silly, wonderful girl- who is nearly three.

Tomorrow is our anniversary. I could not secure a babysitter until Friday night, SO- we'll be celebrating as a family tomorrow- I WILL insist that we eat out (:

4 comments:

Bridgette said...

Happy Anniversary Amanda and Chad!!

Sherry said...

Happy Anniversary! Love you guys.

Kendra said...

Happy Anniversary! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope that you had a wonderful night out celebrating your love, marriage, and family.

Cara