After school today our kids went to play at Pastora's house, so Chad and I walked back and forth across town paying hotel bills, the restaurant bill and finalizing this weeks plan for the construction site. A Peruvian work crew will be here until Saturday to continue working on the building. We took our team out to a special dinner tonight. The food was good and we had a fun time together. I really like these people and will really miss them after July. They have been faithful and have done good work. I pray that God will pour out His blessing into their lives and that they would be able to see huge growth in their contacts and churches in the time that remains. They have certainly put the work in and are trusting, even if they don't get to see it, that one day God will do great things with the work that they have begun. Nothing is wasted when it is given to God! What were you doing with your life in your early 20's? I know what I was doing and it certainly wasn't planting churches or giving weekly discipleship classes to new Christians. These guys are amazing! God has blessed them and given them wisdom and strength to do this work. He will be faithful to give them what they need in the three months left that we have in Puno. What an honor and privilege it is to be apart of their lives and to get to see, first hand, what God is doing through their obedience.
4.10.2012
The end
Today all the short-term volunteers began their treks back home. They had a tour day out on the lake yesterday and all were packed up and headed to the airport by 9am this morning. They were a fantastic group of people with servant hearts and great attitudes. They made the time fun- I looked forward to seeing them each day. I had to leave the final dinner with them early last night to get the kids home, so I didn't get to say personal goodbyes to very many. They gave us so much love and support, and left gifts for us all. I feel good about how things went and pray that this was a life changing experience for some of those that came.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The kids have been such troopers! I know your lives will never be the same after this experience.
What an amazing time. Thanks for sharing it in such detail for us.
Post a Comment