3.28.2006
Warning- deep thoughts
I was watching the TODAY show today and a man was on there talking about a new book he wrote called the Jesus Papers. Basically this book is saying that the Jesus did not die during the crucifixion and it was all a plotted hoax. This man grew up in the Christian tradition and said that he lives "within the Christian framework". He said that he has been researching and trying to find the truth of the gospel because he is not one to believe blindly- he does not want to be made a fool. It was sad to me. So many things that he way saying are so obviously contradicted in the Bible.
I believe- I believe the Bible. There are a lot of things that I do not know and do not understand- but despite that I believe God loves me, gave His Son for me and designed me for a specific way of living. He is real- I know this because He has been so evident in so many areas of my life. I cannot deny God and the power of Jesus and his death and resurrection. The reality of His moving in my life is too evident. I can see how differently things could have been for me had it not been for God's moving in my life and heart. He holds onto us so tightly. What a relief. In trying to figure out what is right- how to live- how to love- how to grow- God is speaking to my heart and constantly moving me toward new understanding. He will not fail- He will not leave-he will not leave me foolish. He takes advantage of each breathe we cry out to Him- just waiting- with great anticipating- for us to seek Him. What an amazing love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment