4.27.2006
All is Well
It is quiet and peaceful. The air is cool, after a very sunny warm day. I met a friend for lunch and then wandered around Shopko. The street lights are glowing outside, I can hear the neighbors water fountain and a dog barking in the distance. The house is picked up, and dishes are done after a night with friends watching Survivor, My name is Earl and The Office (Thursday night tradition). Chad is working downstairs at the table, Ella is sleeping soundly in her bed. The cats are out, enjoying the warm evening after a long day of sleeping in chairs and on beds. I am so thankful for moments like this. Quiet, still, peaceful, "all is well" moments. I am thankful for this time, because I know that this experience is a blessing from God. I am aware of bad things going on, of deep pain and injustices that are occurring. I know that this life is full of unwell things, but God, in his greatness and deep love, gives me these times of "all is wellness", because He is still in control. My prayer is that when it is my turn to again be in the center of the bad thing, deep pain or injustice, that I will still find God in quiet moments like this. That is my only hope, the foundation on which I live my life. I know that no matter what may come, God is still God, and He is a good God. He has proven faithful thus far. That, I am thankful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel very calm and peaceful after reading this. Sounds very nice.
By the way, your hair is so cute! I've never seen it short. Looks great!
Hi, Amanda! I didn't know you had a blog.... love seeing the darling photos of your daughter! :) I've bookmarked your spot to read it again!
Post a Comment