4.11.2006

Insomnia

Not true insomnia. Just restless, unsettled sleep. Last night I kept thinking of all the things I am not doing well right now. Does that happen to anyone else? I just kept thinking of all the things that I need to do, or that I should do. I thought of the people that I have not talked to for too long, people I need to write notes to, chores that need to be done, Bible reading that needs to be done. The fact that I need to eat better,exercise more, spend less money, be more gracious,more friendly. I need to keep my cats out of neighbors yards, buy new clothes, not worry about my clothes, pay bills, get up early, scrapbook more pages, get thge oil changed, make an appointment for Ella and ON and ON!! Night time thinking is exhausting!! I should have gotten up and written about it, then I could have slept better. It just reminds me to stay purposeful and not get caught up the the flow or everyday life, but to live on purpose, each day. I feel so much better when I do that. I guess it is just time to re-evaluate and re-prioritize little areas of my life again. When I get off a little, I get distracted by a lot of nothing! I could start with 1/2 hour of Bible reading and prayer instead of 1/2 hour of repeated info on the TODAY show. Such a small change makes such a difference. I KNOW that, yet here I am again. The ebb and flow of life. Hopefully the ebbs and flows grow smaller with time, and I become more and more constistent. I am thankful tonight for: 1. The beautiful home that my husband built for us. 2. Alone-ness 3. Prayers answered

4 comments:

Sherry said...

It seems like thoughts come to an overflowing boil at night. Luke and I stayed up WAY too late just laughing...which is great. But mostly, trying to figure out what our next step will be...the FOREVER long question. I have been AWFUL at devotions lately. Praying-I can handle that...but actually taking time out to read, I'm not good at it. How was time with your parents??? I'm sure Miss Ella had lots of love and attention=)

Kristen said...

Wow, Amanda. That's a lot to think about. I do that a lot, too, though. It seems like when things are quiet and finally slowed down, that is when everything that is in the back of your mind comes to the front. It's frustrating. That and restless leg syndrome help me to lose sleep.

Hope you sleep better tonight! ;-)

someone else said...

Tag---you're it, Amanda. Game and rules are in my blog today.

Kristen said...

OK, Amanda. Time for a new post! ;-) I tagged you today for a meme over at my blog. :-)