6.13.2006

A little trip

I am taking a trip to see my parents tomorrow. I will take a 1 hour flight, where my mom with meet me, and then we will drive about 2 1/2 hours to the home I grew up in. What a fun thing to get to take Ella there. The place where I was a child! I have all warm, good memories of home. I will post more about home after I am there and all my memories are fresh. I think I have everything ready to go and am excited to let me parents see Ella. My mom is also inviting cousins and aunts and uncle over Friday night to visit. Ella is showing us so much more of her fun personality. I am tired and need to do a few more things before going to bed- I am one of those people that must have everything in order at home before I leave. Laundry done, dishwasher empty, floors swept and mopped, beds made, plants water, etc. etc. I am only going to be gone for 4 days and Chad will be here- but the ritual of putting the house in order is too entrenched. It just somehow puts my mind at ease to have my space ready to come home to- SO - Chad better walk softly and not have too many wild parties while I am gone! I am sure he will spend most of his time working. Anyway- when I return I will do so with stories and pictures!!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Sounds great! Make sure you warn Chad to keep that house in order! I always hate to leave my house in the hands of Mike because I know when I get home it's utter disaster. UTTER!! Good luck! Have fun on your trip!

Kristin said...

Amanda,
I am new to blogging but found your sight. I am also a christian stay at home mom of 1. I also have to have everything in order when I go on vacation. That is why I am up so early. We leave today for Idaho and I have to make sure all is well before my boys get up and we are ready to go.

Sherry said...

Hope you have a great little trip! It is nice to come home to a "clean" house, only to turn around, unpack, make it messy again, and clean everything back up=)

Dawn said...

I know you're having a great time with your family - can't wait to see you in a few short days!