6.20.2006

Sisters

I had a good trip and have finished laundry and put things back into their proper places. It was so nice to be home for a few days. Ella slept in the room that I grew up in! I slept next door in the room my sisters shared. I have two sisters, Shannon, who is 27 and Donna who is 25. We have always gotten along. Don't get me wrong, we had our spats, but nothing extreme or out of the ordinary. Since we lived so far out of town, we were each others playmates. We would make fort, have monopoly tournaments, play barbies, dress up, and play cowboys and Indians on our horses. I remember going up to the top of a hill near our house with a packed lunch and our umbrellas. We were determined to make a fort and stay there all night. One thing we really liked to do was make movies. I typically operate the camera and probably did a lot of bossing. We would spend hours making movies. They are fun to watch now. Our husband moan and roll their eyes when those video tapes come out of the drawer, but my sister and I laugh and laugh and remember. So, in honor of my sisters, I will give you just a glimpse of who they are to me: Shannon is quiet and kind. She is deeply devoted and loyal to those she loves. She is generous with all she has. Shannon is in excellent shape and is an awesome cook. She is silly, but only around those who really know her. She does not complicate life and takes things as she sees them. She does not like to make waves, but can stand up for herself and speak her mind when it is necessary. Donna is great with people. She is friendly and can make conversation easily. She is quick witted and has a sharp sense of humor. Donna has always had a great affection for animals. She is driven and determined; If she wants to do something or wants to get something done, it will happen. Donna is independent. She is not afraid to make decision or be a leader. She is adventurous and enjoys doing and experiencing new things. I am so glad to have these two girls in my life. They are both great aunties to my Ella, and will continue to be great models to her. I am glad that my parents taught us the importance of our relationships with each other. They taught us to care for one another and love one another. There are enough people outside in the world to tear us down. I am glad we are still friends, and know, that no matter what comes in the future, my sisters will still be my sisters. Being with them, no matter where we are, is like being home. When I figure out my scanner- I will post some old pictures of the three of us. For now,this is a picture taken a few months ago of my sisters. Shannon with her husband Jim and Donna. Beautiful girls- (Yeah Jimmy your handsome too!)

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm glad you're back home and everything is back in order. You are such an organized homemaker! I am anxious to see your new house next month. We may need a place to stay that Thursday night. It'll be a long day of traveling with the kiddoes!

Thanks for adding me to your reading!

Sherry said...

You have a great family period. Mom, Dad, Shannon and Donna.

Kristen said...

You're lucky to have sisters! I always wished I had one. They sound like great girls and I'm glad you are still so close!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a good trip :-)