7.14.2006

Do you ever wonder what people say about you- I wonder more about the bad things people say about me than the good. Chad and I were talking the other day and thinking how hard it would be to hear those things, but at the same time good- in order to change and grow. Don't get me wrong, the good things would be great too- but it is rare that you hear the negative things. I know I am blind to some of my faults- we all are. I just don't want to have glaring character flaws and not know. It would probably be very frustrating to hear things people say too, because I know that I talk and make judgments sometimes without knowing the entire story. I am sure people do the same to me. I don't want to be that way- it is a constant effort to remember that I never know everything about another person. Chad and I are really honest with each other, and do call each other at times on not so flattering behavior or attitudes-so that is good. Sometimes I just wish relationships with everyone else were easier. I am sure I complicate things more than most. I just over think. Anyhoo - just something that I have been thinking about. On a lighter note-- We had a really fun weekend at Chad's family reunion. We stayed busy and had a good time with relatives that we rarely see. Ella met lots of family and did great while we were there. Everynight since we've been back Chad says, " What are we doing tonight that is fun!" He had a REALLY good time and has rediscovered the need for and value of recreation! Ella is still re-programming back to her regular schedule- nothing major, just weird sleep habits. She is standing alone a lot now- I am just waiting for a step! She fell today and cut her lip; her first blood injury. She recovered quickly and her fat lip should be back to normal in the morning. She will be 1 in four days! FOUR DAYS!! What a great year. One of my best yet.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

That is great that you had a good trip and that is exciting that Ella is almost one. We did a big party for Brayden to even though I know he won't remember it. It sure was fun. I have a hard time over looking peoples faults too. It is hard to always be looking at people and seeing them the way Christ sees them. Know you aren't alone.

Pfingston said...

I'm waiting for my little boy to take his first step too!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
That reminds me I need to fix my "About", he's 11 months now . . they get big so fast!

Kristen said...

Poor Ella! It's the worst when they get injured.

I know what you mean about wondering what people think about you. What's worse is hearing from someone else what someone said about you. It's hard to be nice to that person after you heard through a third party what they said about you.