8.19.2006

Has it been a whole week???

Last week seemed SO LONG. I think next week will be quicker. I start watching kids again. I have a new family that I will sit for one day a week, for four hours. They have a four year old boy and 2 year old girl. That makes six kids that I will watch, but I will rarely, if ever, have them all at once. A six year old boy and his 2 year old sister, a five year old girl, a four year old boy and his two year old sister and my niece who is 17 months. I am looking forward to something different-something to add to the week. Ella will love having the kids around too. I am going to try to do a bit more of a schedule with the kids than I did last year and have more options for them for things to do. I want to take having these kids in home seriously, and make it worthwhile for them. I want it to more than just a few extra bucks and something to do. I know I can make the experience, meaningless, bad or great for them- so hopefully it will be great and they will have good memories of going to Ms. Amanda's house. If any of you have good ideas let me know!! Ella got hand, mouth and foot disease last week. Nothing too serious, just an annoying virus. She had sores in her mouth one day and had trouble eating, but other than that has just been a little extra fussy. She is SO close to walking. I think that is frustrating her too which leads to LOUDNESS. Ugg. I will LOVE it when she can talk. Really, I know you with talkers are saying, just wait. But I can't imagine that talking can be more irritating than yelling. We will see. #2 seems to be growing- something is causing my belly to bulge out anyway. I have another appointment next week. I love to hear the heart- makes me feel better. Someone asked me last week how far along I was and I told them 3 months, to which Chad replied, " What, really- Wow I didn't know that!". Now he knows, I will have to keep him updated better I guess!! I am feeling less sick, so that is great and the days that I have no energy are also getting to be fewer- that will surely change with more kids around. Names ideas, for those of you interested and curious- I always am. Right now our top picks are Lily Pearl for a girl and Titus Joel for a boy. As for today, Saturday- Chad is working this morning- I am enjoying a quite house while Ella naps. I am going to go get some groceries after Chad gets home-by myself- and then we are having dinner tonight with Chad's siblings and their families. We are looking forward to it. It will be the first time we have all been together since his brother and sister-in-law moved here. I am hoping to get some scrapbook pages done too this weekend- we'll see. Monday will be here before we know it! Happy weekend!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Talking is SO much more fun that yelling! Little Feisty came back from the reunion with a tripled vocabulary and it grows every day. It is so much nicer when they can tell you what they want and need, and when they learn to hold a conversation. Such fun!! I'm so glad you're feeling better and that you've resolved the "work or not to work" dilemma. You will definitely be working! But at your own choices. Have fun tonight - sounds like great fun!

KarenK said...

I'm sorry to tell you this, but at least in our house the addition of a vocabulary did not cancel out the loudness.

Like the name picks. Very cute.

Wanna add a 2 1/2 year old girl to your roster one morning a week?

Anonymous said...

I agree, the talking is way better than yelling. At least with the talking its easier to figure out what in the world they want! Although my 4yr old is quite the chatter, (not like me at all! LOL) and it can get to me sometimes.
I love the names you've got for now, they seem perfect for you guys. :-)
I really enjoy hearing how things are going in your life. :-)

Sherry said...

We walked by your house last night so Luke could give Chad the keys, but I didn't go in because I didn't want Brek to wake up Ella. But let's just say she cried "Ella! Ella!" for the next few blocks tears and all.
I remember Brek yelled and hollared about everything right before she started walking, once she did it was like, hmm, I'm ok now.

Kristen said...

Feisty is just as loud (as is care bear) in talking as they are without talking. I think if they're loud, they're just loud. :-) Maybe Ella will be different. :-)

I like the name choices. Very cute!