8.26.2006

News and pictures

Well, the week did not go as fast as I thought, seemed long again, but all went well. Most importantly, the baby's heart sounds great and we get to find out next month what we are having! Sept. 27th to be exact. I have only had two doctor appointments so it seems so soon to be finding out-but I am excited!! I had a good week watching the kids. There were a dozen more flies than I wanted in the house and the kitchen floor was a disaster after they left-but other than that, all went well. Oh how could I forget- this is certainly the MOST exciting news this week- Ella started walking! She looks so funny holding her upperbody so still and doing knee raises to walk. She is pretty proud. I bought her two new pair of shoes today. She has hardly worn any over the summer and had outgrown those she has. I am going back soon and buying a pair of tennis shoes too. Payless is having that buy one get one 1/2 off sale- great time to get shoes!! Chad and I went to PF Changs last night to celebrate his birthday (which is actually on the 30th). Tonight we are having a party with friends and tomorrow evening dinner with family. He went rafting this morning and had fun- so it should be a good birthday for him-even though it is being celebrated early. I am making taco soup for everyone tonight- I am excited to eat it! Ella coloring- which she LOVES to do. She asks for her crayons everyday. This is what Ella does everytime I sort laundry. She LOVES to put things around her neck!! This is the house that we stayed at a few weekend ago in McCall. This is pretty close to my ideal place to live- in the mountains, near some body of water-minus the close neighbors.

4 comments:

brooke said...

That is hilarious. I have to be careful to put my dirty panties in the hamper, because if I don't, I'll find Charlotte walking around with 10 pairs around her neck!!

Kristin said...

That is a great place to stay. I dream of the day we to can have a place in the mountains by a lake or stream. Yeah on Ella walking that is exciting. And the heart beat. I am with you it is great to hear and be reassured. In answer to your question, Jim will be gone a month. He will be home in time to go to our ultrasound to find out what we are having.

Dawn said...

Congratulations, sweet Ella! You are not officially a BIG GIRL! Looks like a great place to stay.

Happy birthday to Chad!!

Could you cut and paste some of this to the home page, and maybe post those wonderful pictures. Grandma and Grandpa particularly and other non-bloggers are missing hearing from everyone on the family page, and would love to hear and see these news bits.

Dawn said...

Thanks for doing that, Amanda! It helps my mom so much.