8.03.2006

A little Trip

Chad and I are leaving tomorrow for our first weekend away from Ella! My mom is, as I type, making the 7 hour drive here to stay with Ella. We are not going far, about 3 hours away to the mountains. The man that Chad works for has rented a house and jet ski's (one for each couple going for the whole weekend-just jet skis, to the house !!) and is taking his employees up for a weekend retreat. I think it will be a great time. Relaxing and fun. I am getting things ready today and thinking of all the notes to leave for my mom. She know Ella well and pretty much knows her routine, so it should be fine. I don't think I will worry too much, but will be a bit anxious until we leave- just making sure everything is in order. Tonight I am going to a dinner theatre with several girls for a friend's birthday. It will be a fun night, but it does eliminate several potential packing hours so, dare I say it, maybe Chad will have to do some packing! We'll see. The house is nearly ready- just a few more rooms to clean-up and that will be off my mind. Will give a report in a few days!! Have a good weekend all-

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds wonderful! Take care and don't worry - those grandmas are pretty good babysitters! That's pretty nice of your mom to come so far so you can get away.

Kristen said...

That sounds so great! I hope you have a wonderful time. I'm sure Ella will do great!

Sherry said...

Hope you had a great, relaxing time!

Dawn said...

How did the trip go? Did Ella have a grand time with grandma? And grandma too?