8.10.2006
Ramblings of a stay at home mom
We had a GREAT time on our little get away. The builder who Chad works for is a great guy. He and his wife did such a great job of spoiling us. Good food, gifts and fun times on the water. We had three wave runners and a boat between the eight of us- so we all got plenty of riding time. No one skied, plus the lake was so rough that skiing would be impossible, so someone just drove the boat around slowly, creating a great wake for the wave runners to play in and jump. I was SO sore after being out on one for about an hour. It was super fun. I am thankful that Chad is working for a good builder. They seek God in their decisions and are aware of the fact that their choices also impact us, which is reassuring.
Ella and my mom did great. I know mom was tired after three days alone with a 1 year old- but I am so thankful that she came. She is coming, with my dad, again tomorrow! Dad is going to a horse conference here. We had a raft trip scheduled for Saturday- so, once again, Mom gets Ella! It doesn't seem like she lives 7 hours away!! They have made such an effort to know Ella and to have Ella know who they are. We seem them at least once a month. No complaints here-
The dinner theatre I went to last week was so fun. It is out in the woods-very simple. We ate on picnic tables in the grass/dirt- and then watched Oklahoma as the sun set. The food was super good- homecooked. The actors were also the ushers and concessions people, which made it more personal and fun. Most of them were high school or college age. Anyway- a fun thing to do and worth $30.00. Maybe it will be a summer tradition.
A new roommate moved in last night. She is getting married in November and works about a mile down the road- so it is a good situation. She is our third roommate. Each roommate we have had is someone who is getting married within the following year. We have liked having someone live with us and since I have been home, it is nice to have the extra money. We have not gone out looking for someone to live here, we have just heard of people or been asked by people if we would be open to it. I would not want to put an add out for a boarder, but if we can keep the room filled with personal references, that would be great! Our house is set up well for a roommate. There is plenty of space and privacy. Anyway- something new.
I have once again been thinking about part time work. I have received a few calls from a mental health clinic about filling in. I would really enjoy that. When I get an offer, my ego swells and I think, " They need me!". And it is just exciting because I REALLY like working with that population. But where would Ella go? Then I thought, " Well, maybe I can ask about going in just one day each week and find a sitter for Ella that day." This clinic would probably accept that offer. That would probably be more feasible than random days-but giving up one whole day. I do EVERYTHING household-ish. 8 hours to dedicate to something else seems like a lot to me. I just cannot do too many things at once. I am not capable. And still, where would Ella go? My sister-in-law really likes her daycare lady-but Ella seems so little still. I think being around kids all day one day a week can be a great socialization thing for kids, but it seems like a lot for Ella. Maybe I am just being silly- but I am her mom. I get to decide. SO- once again (how many times will I have to do this)- I remember that what I am doing is what God has for me now. He has tried to make that clear over and over, and graciously continues to do so. PLUS- another baby coming in February- yeah, working anywhere else beside home, is something I need to just let rest for a few years. I guess I just don't want to miss out on something that God has for me. I don't want to discount anything that comes along. But, I know that if it from God, it will not just go away. I just need to focus only on my relationship with God. Period. I get distracted so easy. Life is just easier when my focus is center on Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your second water vacation of the summer (well, the reunion wasn't exactly a restful vacation!). I know you'll find the answer to your questions about when to go back to even part-time work.
So glad you got to get away, so did we actually. DH and I had our first overnight trip away from Justice--two hours away to Atlanta to celebrate our 4th anniversary. It was so great, but I was glad to see my little guy when I got back! Don't you feel more refreshed now!
Post a Comment