10.24.2006

Kids Kids Kids

I am ti-erd. I have been watching kids quite a bit lately and have a full rest of the week. Today was a bit different though, which accounts for my extra fatigue. I left the house at 7:30am, with Ella and a 2 year old (she comes at 7:00am) to go pick up another 2 year old about 1/2 hour away. She has a new baby brother- so I wanted to give my friend a day without a 2 year old. I have not been out of the house that early in a LONG time. It was still dark! People drive like maniacs in the morning too. Anyway, I got home with 3 girls packed into the back of my Honda at 9:00am, just in time to add another to the bunch. Three 2 year olds and Ella. It is fun to think about them all growing up together. One day I will remember feeding them all goldfish crackers around the little table. One day their communicating will be much more than shake their heads back and forth and laugh at each other. But for now, that is great social interaction! I never thought I would be watching kids- and spending so much time with kids- other than my own. But it is so good- and I am so glad to be doing it. It does make me tired though- and I definitely need the weekends and slow weeks. I am better at interacting and paying attention when I have breaks. There are SO many opportunities for loving, teaching and guiding. It can be exhausting just trying to take advantage of each moment. I guess it is a blessing that there are so many opportunities, because we surely miss them- somedays more than others. Off to bed for me. Chad is out with some guys-a friend is moving to the other side of the country- so they are getting together one last time to do whatever they do. Sit somewhere and watch the baseball game probably. I am glad he has guys to be with. I am so thankful for good friends for my husband. I trust them. I know they value and respect our relationship and have the same values as Chad does. He does not have one friend that I do not like- so nights like this are fine with me. I think they are important. I do not have kids until 7:30 tomorrow- so that gives me a few extra minutes of sleep in the morning. Hurray- I LOVE TO SLEEP.

6 comments:

Sherry said...

You have got be zonked. Hope you get some extra sleep with your parents here this weekend

Kristen said...

Not sure how you do it. I know I couldn't. (watch all those kids, that is).

I hope you're able to rest some this weekend!

Dawn said...

I hope your energy level stays up as the pregnancy goes forward. I admire your stamina and your heart for the kiddoes. Blessings!

Can't wait to see Chad this week-end!

Adam and Natalie said...

Hey Amanda! Of course I knew who you were. :) Thanks for writing! Hopefully we'll be catch up with you guys and see little Ella when we're in Boise for Thanksgiving. That is, if Bridge doesn't have me slaving away scrapbooking....

Dawn said...

Are you okay, Amanda? Haven't heard anything for awhile!

brooke said...

Hey! How are you guys doing?