11.15.2006
Heres the story!
I wrote a long post last night, and it somehow was deleted, so I will try again tonight. It has been a LONG time since posting- no big news or problems- just not a priority the last few weeks. SO here are some updates for those who are wondering:
Ella
Ella is in the middle of her second dose of antibiotics for an ear infection and she has a cold. She has been sick the majority of September through November. I HOPE this medication works for her ears. It is making her have horrible diarrhea, so I am changing her hourly and coating her with desitin. 6 more days of this medicine and HOPEFULLY no more ear issues. Despite being sick, she is pretty happy. She says lots of words, tries to spit her toothpaste out in the sink and eats great wtih a fork and spoon. She really loves Elmo. This is such a fun time, I am constantly laughing at her and the things she is doing and trying. I hope she always feels this confident to just be who she is. My parents bought Ella a toddler bed when they were here a few weeks ago- so that is in her room. She plays on it and likes to show it to people. I have not, and will not attempt to have her sleep there for awhile. But it is nice to have it. Hopefully having it around will make for an easier transition for her when the time comes.
Baby Boy
Growing and growing. I am nearly seven months along, my body is feeling stretched and pulled-so all is as it should be I suppose. I gained 12 pounds last month (only 14 overall) so he is making progress! I bought fabric for his bumper and bedding and sent it home wtih my parents to give to my very talented grandma and aunt. They made Ella's too. The babies is a jungle print. Not exactly what I had in mind, but it will be cute. I just wanted to get it done, and not hunt around for anything else. We are still calling him Thomas, but remain open to other possibilities. I get nervous about a baby- mainly about the sleep thing. It is just so hard for me when I don't get sleep and Ella is such a good sleeper.
Me
I think I have the same cold that Ella has, so I have been dragging a bit the last few days. Plus, it is so draining having a sick child. I can't imagine having a REALLY sick baby. My heart aches for the moms who have to watch their kids suffer through major illnesses. Chad and I went away with some friends a few weeks ago, for four nights. Ella stayed with family while we were gone and did great. It was nice to get away. We did not do much-shopped, slept in, ate out. It was enough time away for me look forward to being home and back into a routine. Chad and I started watching the series 24 through Netflix. We watch a few episode a few nights a week. It is fun to have something like that to look forward to- especially because we can watch it when we want to.
Thats about it. Life just keeps happening. I need to figure out some way to have some better reflection/meditation/me time. I just get lost in the days. So goes this time in life I think!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am glad to hear from you and that you are okay. Sorry about the ear infection! But that she is so happy in spite of it is such a blessing. Glad you guys got away for awhile. It was so good to see Chad for a few minutes the other week. Sorry the Broncos messed up that day!
Wouldn't it have been nice to have paid $4 at Walmart for your prescription? Have you heard about that new $4 generic deal they started? Wish it would have worked for us.
Post a Comment