12.18.2006

Last Christmas Party

Tonight is Chad's company Christmas party, the last party we have for this year. He came home at lunch today with really nice coats from his boss, the company name is embroidered on the front. One for me and three for him! I think it may be one of the nicest coats I have ever owned. It does not fit now- but in a few weeks (10 to be exact), it will fit great (:. Chad also got a very generous bonus last week. Chad's boss and his wife do such a great of job of recognizing and appreciating those who work for them. They are good people, I am glad that Chad is working with them. ( Not just for the gifts!!) For the party we are riding in a sleigh in the mountains to a place where we will have dinner and entertainment. We did this last year with the company Chad was working for then, but in a different setting, as there were about 50 people attending. This will be more intimate, I think 8 total in our group- so it is at a different location, and we actually ride sleighs, last year we were in big wagons. It will be COLD ride, but a fun night. We leave at 4:30 to get there on time, so it will be a long evening. I have all my Christmas shopping done, except for Chad. Chad and I spent most of Saturday getting it all done. My parents will be here tomorrow to help with Ella, which will make shopping for Chad go quickly. I have her Christmas outfit all ready. A simple red jumper with a white shirt and tights. I did buy her some black patent leather shoes, her first pair. They are cute. She wanted to put them on at the store today, so she wore them around town while we did some errands. Now, I have a mountain of gifts to wrap. Well, a table full, I think I need some more paper. I need to go figure out how to fix my hair so I can wear a hat and not look too silly when it comes off for dinner! Ella is still napping, so this is a good time to do my hair, otherwise she wants to be on the bathroom counter, busying herself with the q-tips, lotion, make-up, fingernail polish- whatever she can reach!

2 comments:

Sema said...

Have fun tonight at the party. K and I attended my company's Christmas party on Saturday. It was at a fancy Country Club. Good fun was had by all. I hear you on the gifts and what to get for our spouses! If only mine wasn't so hard to shop with, I would be done by now!!!! Have fun with your parents too!

Dawn said...

Sounds like great fun! Let us hear all about it.