2.03.2007
Just Waiting
So- we are 13 days away from our baby arriving. My friend Jana threw a shower for me Thursday night, and I got a lot of great things. I have it all organized, in bins and on shelves in our bedroom- all ready for the baby. I spent most of the day yesterday sorting through and organizing clothes. I went through all of Ella's things and picked out my favorites- the rest will go to the next girl baby in our lives, if it is wanted. There is SO MUCH there.
I am home this morning with Ella, Chad is working. I thought I would sit down with her and watch an Elmo video. She pushed me out of the room. Apparently she wanted to watch alone! She is quite independent and likes to do things on her own. Lately, when she gets hurt, she won't even let me pick her up. She just wants to be left alone. Eventually she wants some sympathy, but in HER time. She is seeming so much like a little girl instead of a baby.
We are going out tonight with Chad's family- without kids. My sister and her husband, who do not have kids. Have generously volunteered to watch ALL of our kids. So, they will have four, under 5. (Sherry and Luke will bring their baby along.) Should be busy for them! We are going to Red Lobster and a movie! We have been fortunate to get to out without Ella each weekend for the past 3 weekends. It has been nice, knowing that in a short time we will once again be fairly tied down. Here are a few recent pictures of Ella. She is finally growing hair- I think it has a bit of curl. It is still so fine and whispy it is hard to tell.
Ella loves to feed the cats. She does a good job, she knows exactly what to do, but does create quite a mess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have fun tonight! We're getting together tonight for Grandpa's birthday.
Got your thank you yesterday - cute picture!
Amanda, let Chad know about the story Kev and I are doing of our journey through his addictions. I think h e'd find it very interesting and enlightening.
I hope you're feeling okay!
Post a Comment