2.20.2007

Thomas is Home

Hello! A quick update from mom and baby. Thomas is doing well. He has been very mellow, until last night. He was awake and very upset from about 12am to 5:00am. So, a bit of a long night for me. Hopefully that will not be a trend. Ella seems to be doing fine. A bit off at times, but that is to be expected. I am doing pretty well. I still have quite a bit of pain, especially in the evenings, but am feeling like recovery is going as quickly as it can. Quick review of delivery: We arrived at 6:00am. My doctor had an emergency C-section before me and an emergency procedure in the Emergency Room to take care of, so we waiting in the recovery room until 9:30, a 2 hour delay. Once we got in, things went quick and smooth. The spinal was not as bad as I anticipated, and Thomas arrive at 10:03. Chad took him to the recovery room and they tied my tubes and stitched me up. I was SO puffy and swollen in the hospital, and was itching like crazy from the morphine. My face was so red and puffy from itching. And his name. We tried calling him Max all day Friday, and it just did not fit. So, we mulled over Thomas and Joseph, and finally settled on Thomas Friday night. I stayed in the hospital until Sunday afternoon and have been home since! My mom is here, which I am SO thankful for. That's about it- a fairly uneventful birth story- with an exceptionally sweet ending. Thomas is happiest in our arms. He has large hands and feet, and quite a bit of dark blonde hair. He was a bit yellow when we brought him home, but is already looking more pink. He has a hard time staying awake to eat, much different from Ella. Ella was so alert and awake from the beginning, so I am trying to wake him up to feed him, especially during the day. I think he is coming out of the newborn coma little today though, and has been eating more often. So, that's the story so far! More to come. . .

9 comments:

Kendra said...

Yay! What a handsome boy! Congratulations on an uneventful delivery and healthy baby! :-) Its so good your mom is there to help--that'll make all the difference. THanks for sharing pics with us so early--you are on the ball! :-)

brooke said...

Congratulations!! He is adorable!! Can't wait to hear more about him.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

Kristen said...

He is precious!! He looks like Chad, I think!! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

He looks quite a bit like Ella, doesn't he? Thomas suits him perfectly:)

No one tells you that getting your tubes tied is more painful then the actual delivery. I had a tubal after Peanut was born and had to take vicaden to get rid of the pain it was so bad. And you get sooooo swollen! Unreal. I didn't need anything with any of the my other babies. Luckily it goes away after a few days, but in the mean time - OUCH!

Take care of yourself and take it easy:) Congrats to you and Chad!

Sema said...

Congratulations Chad and Amanda!

Dawn said...

He is adorable! C-section babies are so gorgeous from the get-go!

Dawn said...

He is adorable! C-section babies are so gorgeous from the get-go!

Kristin said...

Congratulations. He is adorable. I like the name you picked. Keep me posted on how it goes with 2.