2.14.2007

Not yet!

I slept great last night, and woke up feeling 100% better. I had very few contractions today, and got alot done around the house. I also had a great time with Ella. She is so much fun right now. We have a cat named Lola. On one of Ella's CD's is the song " Who Built the Ark"- in which that question is sung and then answered " Noah, Noah!" In the car I sang to her "Who built the Ark?" and she sung back to me " Lola, Lola!" HA! We are at the "writing down funny things they said" phase of this journey of parenting! We went to Wal-mart and then to Carl's Jr tonight for dinner. Not much of a Valentine Day celebration, but nice to get out together none the less. Ella was with us, so a long sit down dinner was not the best plan. We did attempt to go to two sit down restaurants, but they were really crowded. My parents and sister arrive tomorrow. It is hard to believe it is here already! It is still hard to believe that we will have a new little life so soon! I was asked to testify at a hearing today for a case that I used to have. Since they only notified me yesterday about it, I was able to do it by phone. They told me that they would call between 10 and 11. So, I put Ella in front of the tv about 10:15. They didn't call until 11:00, so she got to watch Sesame Street from 11-12. She was quiet for the entire time. When I did check on her she had managed to get pants and socks off (a new stage perhaps), but was spellbound by her favorite furry friends! It was fun to remember and think about the work I had done. I am so happy to not be doing it now, but do look forward to the day I will do social work again. I am glad that I can wait though. May not post until after baby since I will be enjoying family tomorrow night. You can check up on us at Sherry's blog, as I am officially making her our baby reporter until we get home. Now I need to call her and let know about this important duty that she has received!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you this weekend! Hope all goes smoothly.

Dawn said...

Excitement!

We hardly ever eat out on Valentine's - too many people. Your idea was the best. We've also cut it out for years because of Kev's birthday.

Blessings for tomorrow!! What time do you go in?

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow! How exciting:) Glad you are feeling better and hope you can enjoy the evening with your family.

Anonymous said...

A~ So excited for you! If all goes well with the birth, we will try to stop in tomm. night after dinner. Keep me posted! I will have my cell phone on! B~

someone else said...

It's exciting to have the day finally here. Good luck to you!

brooke said...

Yeah!! We can't wait to hear all about the new baby boy! And see pictures!