6.21.2007

Almost 2

Let's talk 2 year old birthday for a moment. Last year we had a big BBQ for Ella- with friends and family. It was fun, but alot of work. I would NOT have been able to pull it off without my mom and sisters. So this year I was thinking something more low key. This is what I KNOW I want to do: Pizza and Ice cream with a Strawberry Shortcake theme- a new favorite of Ella's. I still have not decided who to invite to celebrate with us though. At any rate, baking pizza's will be easier than a BBQ. Plus, last year it was SO hot that no one wanted to be outside. Sitting in the shade was uncomfortable- so I need to plan for inside festivities if it is that hot again. I will keep you posted on the birthday planning. I am still not sure what we will get Ella for her birthday. Several things have come to mind: a baby she can bath, big Lego's, little people, a broom...I need to keep brain storming so I can decide and be preparing for it. Any other suggestions??? Get to commenting all you readers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Birthdays can be fun, but tough! We just did Kera's 3rd and I tried to make it really easy. I only invited 3 little friends, turned on the sprinkler and had it inbetween meals so we could keep it to cake/ice cream. They had a ball and since we were outside, clean up was a breeze. :-) Oh, and one of those pull string pinatas so I could send home candy w/ the kids and not goodie bags...those are too pricey! They had a ball, so I guess it worked! Hope you figure out Ellas!

Sherry said...

Sounds like a great idea with pizza and ice cream...no ideas here really, sounds like it would be easier to have fewer people though, just in case you had to be inside...or you could just do it at our place? let me know what you think, I'll get right on it:)

Anonymous said...

2 year olds and baby dolls go hand in hand:) She would love that! You could find a little backpack or cheap, small diaper bag and fill it with toy bottles, diapers, baby accessories. She'd have soooo much fun! They also make little kid K-nex. Like legos, only better. Not sure if she's quite old enough for those but we had them out the other day and Peanut had a great time with them.

Happy birthday Ella!

KarenK said...

A broom?

If you do that I will be FORCED to start calling her CinderELLA.

I highly recommend a dolly with a dolly stroller she can push around. If you do, let me know which dolly size you choose and I'll make her some dresses for the baby to wear.

Amanda said...

That is hilarious Karen! I only say a broom because she love to use mine but gets SO mad at it. She would enjoy a small one. I bought her a little mop and she plays with it ALL the time!

Amanda said...

p.s Ella is totally getting a doll of dresses from Karen are part of the deal!