9.05.2007

Just because I know you are all checking to see if there's a new post. . .

I have nothing of great interest to post and my video camera is acting up so I can't even post random pictures of my kids. I will, however, have lots of photo blog fodder (he-he), once the SEVEN rolls of film that I took to Walmart are ready. How did I get that far behind?

I had kids here yesterday, today and again tomorrow. It has gone pretty good. Ella has presented to most challenges for me! She has had some major issues after nap time the last two days. I have NO IDEA what is causing it. I have attempted to end the fits by ( in random order) spanking, give time out, giving Tylenol, giving food, reasoning, isolate, comforting, sympathizing, scolding, ignoring- um, yeah, I think that's it. I think she is just trying to see what I will do with kids here. Who knows- Today her fit ended after I sent her to laundry room until she was finished. It was shorter than yesterday and she did not have anymore episodes after that, so something is working. We'll see what happens tomorrow. I want to see into her little mind. In better news, she is singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star all the time, her version. I love it. I would post a clip if my video camera was working- -and if I knew how. And FINALLY . . . . .

All I could think of for Alphabet Soup( a day late) came from my deep introspective spiritual side. Sometimes it just can't be contained---

Grace- If you have not experienced it- you should seek it out and accept it- you will be changed.

Gratitude- Things could always be worse, life is full of Goodness-even in dark times

Grief-A necessary and sacred part of life.

Growth-There is always more for us-

5 comments:

Sherry said...

oh the precious precious fits. brek likes to pop up with those every now and again and they are so wonderful. your G's are exactly what Luke's would be I think-you guys are the more introspective ones of the family-which is a really good thing. excited to see your pictures.

Dawn said...

OH, yes, she's trying to figure out where she fits in with the new scenario - wants your total attention, I'm sure, which she succeeded in getting for awhile, eh?? Such fun!

The G words are great. Sherry's right - great thoughts.

Bridgette said...

love the title of your post A~!The "go to your room until you can come out and be happy because mommy doesn't want to watch your fit" route works *most* of the time with Emme! See you Saturday!


ps I like the 25 cent word "fodder"! Great Vocab!

Sema said...

Love the G words, maybe i should start playing this, how do i get started? I can't wait to see the pics myself. By the way, I checked the rockies website and we have our photos on their website. We came out looking like hotties..hahahahaha. I miss you! Hopefully we can work something out in Nov.

KarenK said...

Do not listen to Brooke. You cannot move to Oklahoma. And I make the rules.

Oh yeah, the fits. I like your tactics. They sound familiar.